Free Agents in the SEC

I must admit, I was a GVX fan before I discovered volnation. I spent several miserable afternoons reading that drivel. The only website that's worse than that one is mrsec.com. They always have to remind you that the "predicted" something in every article and then bash with their readers when they say that their work is anything but stellar.

Thank you so much Freak for bailing the big orange out and making such a wonderful place to get info and get away from Jenny Hyams and John Adams.

Reactions: 11 people
You would have seen just as many negative columns from Adams about Tennessee athletics between 1995-2001 when UT was winning championships as you do now. That's just what he enjoys doing and he is not a talented enough writer to attract readers on the merits of his material. He has to stir up emotions to get attention especially during the college off season. Just ignore him.

Reactions: 3 people
Without reading article as I don't subscribe, I can tell you a de facto Senior Free Agent market does exist for those who graduate early such as Worley. UGA almost lost starting LT to this.

I'll tell ya the worst article I have seen this year is from BR where they predicted the Top 25teams for the next 25 years I think. UT was not listed. USCe and Mizzou got honorable mentions. UTSA beat out UT who didn't even get an honorable mention. A few other nonsense football teams made top 25 like Louisville and perhaps Utah or Utah state.

Total azz wipe material though!

Reactions: 2 people
John Adams and John Pennington (Mr. SEC) are both yellow journalist. They should be writers for CNN since they lie all the time too.

Reactions: 3 people
I started to read it, saw how stupid it was and went on to another article. What ever Adams smokes while writing his articles, I want some.

I have never understood why KNS employs Adams. I understand controversy sells but Adams is a joke and good writing also sells. It's a damn shame that better content about the Vols can be found at AL.com (an Alabama paper!) and even a few Florida papers I've run across than at KNS. AL.com doesn't look like they're going broke either and aren't so desperate that they're trying to earn more pennies by going behind a paywall. And it's not like KNS has any real competition. There are 3 major newspapers in this state (one for each region) KNS, the Tennessean and the Commercial Appeal and beyond that it's all small time.

Maybe it's the fact that they're all conglomerates and have no real competition but KNS, in particular blows and the writing for sports is even worse.

Now will someone please post the content of this idiotic Adams article?

I have never understood why KNS employs Adams. I understand controversy sells but Adams is a joke and good writing also sells. It's a damn shame that better content about the Vols can be found at AL.com (an Alabama paper!) and even a few Florida papers I've run across than at KNS. AL.com doesn't look like they're going broke either and aren't so desperate that they're trying to earn more pennies by going behind a paywall. And it's not like KNS has any real competition. There are 3 major newspapers in this state (one for each region) KNS, the Tennessean and the Commercial Appeal and beyond that it's all small time.

Maybe it's the fact that they're all conglomerates and have no real competition but KNS, in particular blows and the writing for sports is even worse.

I put a link on initial post... But don't bother. Your time is too valuable. Heck, even my 12 month old's time is too valuable...... Go to that MSN ENTERTAINMENT crap..... Wasted time is a toss up.
(This was my first "phone post"...... Did it go through? Be gentle on this virgin attempt.

I live in Middle Tennessee and really like the Tennesseean's content, but their website drives me nuts with the paywall stuff. I'm in school and I'm not going to pay whatever it is they want just to browse the occasional article. The local Murfreesboro paper, the Daily News Journal, has a great mobile app, relatively unbiased coverage of UT & MTSU sports, and most importantly, free digital access with a .edu email address.

Sadly, the whole paywall thing has become a recurring theme for Gannett-owned outfits.

I put a link on initial post... But don't bother. Your time is too valuable. Heck, even my 12 month old's time is too valuable...... Go to that MSN ENTERTAINMENT crap..... Wasted time is a toss up.
(This was my first "phone post"...... Did it go through? Be gentle on this virgin attempt.

I think you may have missed the point, guy. We can't see the article because it's hidden behind a paywall.

I think you may have missed the point, guy. We can't see the article because it's hidden behind a paywall.

Sorry. I don't pay for it... I guess they changed it from free to "member". Or maybe they deleted it since it was crap.

Anybody see this "stuff" from Adams?

He shouldn't be writing and posting articles on Saturday night after a full day sitting by the pool drinking.

John Adams: Fantasy free agency could serve some Vols well » GoVolsXtra

p.s....... bless his heart

John Adams is a hypocrite. No matter what side you were on concerning Cuonzo Martin, there is no denying Adam's playing both sides. John Adams wrote an article just a few weeks before the SEC tournament supporting the possible return of Bruce Pearl, which further inflamed the unrest. Then, after Martin leaves, he has the gall to post a YouTube video bemoaning his departure. He stirs up crap, and then complains about the stench. The day he retires is a day I will celebrate. He is an arrogant ass that needs to go away.

Reactions: 1 person

The Chattanooga Times Free Press is probably the best newspaper in the state, IMO.

VN Store

Back