Missouri: Most important game for Tennessee per ESPN

I'm on the fence about this. While I agree it will be a big game for us, it also depends on the first couple of months of football. If we lose to Oklahoma but play them close, beat GA after the bye week, and then beat Florida at home. I think the Mizz game wouldn't be as big because I'd like our chances. Now if we lose to all 3 of those teams it would be a huge game to try to make a bowl game.

Reactions: 7 people
We should win this game! Our young players should have some experience by then and be accustomed to the college game.

Reactions: 1 person
ridiculous article. I didn't get far into it. you cannot pin a season on one game. It's just offseason fodder for a paycheck. More ESPN nonsense.

Reactions: 5 people
I call BS on Missouri being biggest game. All SECe games are big with Bama being the biggest. We have to protect our house first and start winning home games.

Reactions: 3 people
"The Florida game (Oct. 4) is important -- and the Vols could certainly win it -- but the season isn't over if Tennessee loses it."
This is going to be my mantra over and over this offseason. FL is going to be better than expected imo, and a loss here should not start a riot on VN

Reactions: 3 people
Have we ever been O-3 to begin a series against an expansion team?

No but how many expansion teams have there been? 4? We did lose to both Arkansas and South Carolina in their first year in the league and they were both terrible at the time while we were ranked...See ya, Johnny!

If the season unfolds as expected the Mizz game will be crucial. We will most likely have to beat Mizz to get to 6 victories. Getting bowl eligible will help our recruiting because it shows we are making improvement. All games are important but the Mizz game will probably make or break our bowl aspirations, so I would say it is our most important game.

Reactions: 2 people
"The Florida game (Oct. 4) is important -- and the Vols could certainly win it -- but the season isn't over if Tennessee loses it."
This is going to be my mantra over and over this offseason. FL is going to be better than expected imo, and a loss here should not start a riot on VN

Yeah. Florida is going to surprise a few people this year

Sorry, but being realistic I don't see us beating Missouri this year. They handed us our ass last year. That said, Florida ought to be a win this year and we SHOULD have beat them last year hands down unfortunately we had specific issues preventing that from happening. I wouldn't put one specific game as being the most important though.

Sorry, but being realistic I don't see us beating Missouri this year. They handed us our ass last year. That said, Florida ought to be a win this year and we SHOULD have beat them last year hands down unfortunately we had specific issues preventing that from happening. I wouldn't put one specific game as being the most important though.

Missouri did lose 7 starters on defense including Sam and Ealy and the game is in Neyland at the end of the year. Hopefully, that will mean that the freshmen who will be counted on to play this season will be settled in to their roles by then. This is a winnable game and it's hard to find 6 victories on the schedule if this isn't one of them.

Reactions: 4 people
Missouri did lose 7 starters on defense including Sam and Ealy and the game is in Neyland at the end of the year. Hopefully, that will mean that the freshmen who will be counted on to play this season will be settled in to their roles by then. This is a winnable game and it's hard to find 6 victories on the schedule if this isn't one of them.

You make a valid point with the game being pretty late in the season. I do hope you're right.

Coach Jones has to end the florida streak. Beating Florida in addition to getting the Vols to a bowl are the best things that Coach Jones can do this season IMO. Especially if the gators end up better than expected.

*No I am not saying that if Tennessee loses to florida, Coach Jones sucks and should be fired.

Coach Jones has to end the florida streak. Beating Florida in addition to getting the Vols to a bowl are the best things that Coach Jones can do this season IMO. Especially if the gators end up better than expected.

*No I am not saying that if Tennessee loses to florida, Coach Jones sucks and should be fired.

Do coaches really care about which school they are playing?

They also lost Green-Beckham at WR, they lost an important offensive weapon.

VN Store

Back