Travis Stephens

fade route

Just being honest
I know you're on here, Travis - Happy Birthday!! Thanks for all the great memories, especially the ones of you running it down Spurrier's throat in 01'. Hope you have a great day.

image.jpg

Reactions: 67 people
This guy always represented what it means to be a Tennessee Volunteer. Instate guy stuck behind superstar RBs but instead of transferring or being a cancer in the locker room he rolled up his sleeves and worked. He worked his butt off to be ready when opportunity came knocking. And he was ready.

That Florida game is one of my favorite individual performances.

Reactions: 14 people
My favorite running back we ever had. Happy Birthday! I still remember how awesome he was in 2001 (and how he got screwed out of the Doak Walker award).

Reactions: 8 people
I am old. Thank you so much for the love and for the wishes. I gotta do it up this weekend. That picture of me is hilarious btw.

Reactions: 123 people
Travis "Da Man" Stephens
fixed your title for you!

Absolutely "Da Man" and my favorite running back of the last 20 years. Kept his head up, never got down, and worked his ass off. And showed up BIG TIME when it was his turn to carry the rock.

A beast and a true #VFL. Happy Birthday Travis!

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks for highlighting his birthday. He is one of my favs. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched his performance against UF in 2001. He played so hard and gave his all that game. Guy has a big fat orange heart. Hope he has a wonderful day today. A true VFL.

Reactions: 2 people
While that game against FL was very good I've always remember the game w/Ala. when he took a handoff up the middle & all of a sudden a LB came into the hole for a tackle. Travis made a cut on a dime leaving the LB grabbing nothing but air as he ran for 65 yards & a TD.....awesome!! Happy Birthday big fella!! You were one great back to watch.

Reactions: 4 people
I am old. Thank you so much for the love and for the wishes. I gotta do it up this weekend. That picture of me is hilarious btw.

What a pleasure it was to watch you play football. Your performance vs Florida was epic.

Reactions: 1 person

Thank you for your time on the Hill. Have some fun this weekend. Happy bday.

Was so awesome to watch him run....I remember yelling at the TV..."just give it to Stephens".....then boom. Happy Bday Vol GOAT!

Given the caliber of opponent and circumstances surrounding that game, Travis' performance vs. the Lizards in '01 may have been the most inspired and most impressive performance by a Tennessee running back that I have witnessed in 47 years of Big Orange fandom.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back