Article on Top College Football Traditions

skasper06

10 Greatest College Football Traditions - Answers.com

Rocky Top is #5 with some others being the Rose Bowl, the Iron Bowl, The UM/OSU rivalry, Texas/Oklahoma...

As a side note for off season banter, What are some of the college football traditions that make you love college football?

I actually do love UM/OSU. To be dubbed "The Game" is pretty sweet. I also love the Heisman trophy. I'd rather win the Heisman than a Super Bowl MVP just simply so I can vote for every Heisman after that. And I would probably add The Seminole at FSU planting the spear on the field.

The Seminole at FSU has always been cool to me. However nothing will ever send a chill down my spine like Ricky top and running through the T.

The Seminole is cool. As well as the running of the Buffalo at the Colorado games. But even on TV. When that human T opens up and those players come running through and the crowd going insane. It sends chills up my spine every time I watch it before a game.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the butt chugging dropped us down a spot or two. On a real note watching UT football with dad growing up is the top football tradition. Loved it when he would call fulmer the great pumpkin.

Reactions: 1 person
There is none but Tennessee, a state with many outstanding traditions known world wide. It ain't all about the football ! The Vols do play a big part though.

No traditions even come close to UTs but I might be biased! Other good ones are the FSU spear, Army-Navy, Ala-Auburn, script Ohio, the Rose Bowl (a GREAT place to watch a game by the way), the Grove, Texas-Oklahoma, Ralphie the Buffalo
PS: the HeisTman died in 1997

Reactions: 1 person
I always liked Howard's Rock at Clemson and running down the hill...Kinda reminds me of running through the T. But I secretly hope somebody eats it coming down that hill every time I see it. haha

The thing about UT is that its not 1 thing, its several: Neyland, The Vol Walk, Vol Navy, Running Through the T, checkerboard end zones, singing "Rocky Top" 40 times per game...

Reactions: 2 people
The thing about UT is that its not 1 thing, its several: Neyland, The Vol Walk, Vol Navy, Running Through the T, checkerboard end zones, singing "Rocky Top" 40 times per game...

Agreed, and I wish we'd bring the Tn Walking Horse back to Neyland. ( do they still bring it back for homecoming?)

7706964.jpg

10 Greatest College Football Traditions - Answers.com

Rocky Top is #5 with some others being the Rose Bowl, the Iron Bowl, The UM/OSU rivalry, Texas/Oklahoma...

As a side note for off season banter, What are some of the college football traditions that make you love college football?

I actually do love UM/OSU. To be dubbed "The Game" is pretty sweet. I also love the Heisman trophy. I'd rather win the Heisman than a Super Bowl MVP just simply so I can vote for every Heisman after that. And I would probably add The Seminole at FSU planting the spear on the field.

I haven`t watched the Heisman awards show since Peyton got robbed!

Always thought A&M's bonfire was really cool, what happened there is tragic.

Mike the tiger

War Eagle

Dotting the I

Sooner Schooner

Least favorite...Rammer Jammer

My personal faves (besides OUR traditions of course)

1.) Script Ohio

2.) The Florida St. Seminole at the 50 yardline

3.) The Southern Cal Trojan with the sword at the 50.

4.) The Auburn War Eagle

5.) The Oklahoma Sooner Schooner

6.) The Colorado Buffalo "Ralphie"

7.) "Bevo" the Texas Longhorn's mascot

My personal faves (besides OUR traditions of course)

1.) Script Ohio

2.) The Florida St. Seminole at the 50 yardline

3.) The Southern Cal Trojan with the sword at the 50.

4.) The Auburn War Eagle

5.) The Oklahoma Sooner Schooner

6.) The Colorado Buffalo "Ralphie"

7.) "Bevo" the Texas Longhorn's mascot

You forgot UGA's annual October fade.

VN Store

Back