Heads up for Time Warner customers about the SEC Network

omghulkhands

You can use the fact that Time Warner has not negotiated a deal with the SEC Network yet as a bargaining chip to get your bill lowered pretty significantly.

I walked into my local Time Warner office last week and told them I wanted to cancel my TV service. The lady says that would be no problem, but when she started asking me questions on the exit survey I told her it was because they don't have the SEC Network, the deadline is approaching and I am going to switch to Dish because of it. The lady assured me that their corporate office has been telling them that they will for sure be getting the SEC Network before the deadline. She then offered me $30 off of my bill per month and a credit on last months bill.

Needless to say I accepted. So for those of you with Time Warner, I recommend giving this a try. Even if they don't get the SEC Network I will just cancel and switch to Dish. If they do then I just saved over $300 this year on my cable bill.

Reactions: 15 people
Excellent work. I did this (similarly, but different scenario) with Comcast when I lived in TN, and I did it with Charter as well. Saved tons of money. Now I have Dish and I'm actually satisfied with my bill, so I have no reason to worry about the SEC Network not showing up, but this is a "cool story bro" that is actually applicable. Nice. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
I am calling about this tonight when I get home from work. Will let you guys know if it worked for me. Thanks for the info.

You can use the fact that Time Warner has not negotiated a deal with the SEC Network yet as a bargaining chip to get your bill lowered pretty significantly.

I walked into my local Time Warner office last week and told them I wanted to cancel my TV service. The lady says that would be no problem, but when she started asking me questions on the exit survey I told her it was because they don't have the SEC Network, the deadline is approaching and I am going to switch to Dish because of it. The lady assured me that their corporate office has been telling them that they will for sure be getting the SEC Network before the deadline. She then offered me $30 off of my bill per month and a credit on last months bill.

Needless to say I accepted. So for those of you with Time Warner, I recommend giving this a try. Even if they don't get the SEC Network I will just cancel and switch to Dish. If they do then I just saved over $300 this year on my cable bill.

There is no deadline providers can still reach a deal after the launch date.

My deadline is 8/1 for Comcast. If they haven't reached an agreement by then, I'm switching to Uverse. We have to many trees for a dish to get a good signal. Sadly, the trees aren't even mine, but my only option is a dish by my mailbox and I'm not doing that.

There is no deadline providers can still reach a deal after the launch date.

True, however, August 31st is Utah State vs. Tennessee on the SEC Network. That is the deadline. Well, actually five or so days before that so I can make sure they get time for a new install...

Sooooo any news about Comcast getting it?

After staying at a Holiday INN Express this is what I found out.

Comcast is in the middle of buying out Time Warner Cable, now if you didnt think all of these cable companys are in bed with each other here is some information.

The goverement stop the 1st attempt at Comcast buying TW because they would own too much of the market, so Comcast contacted Charter and ask them if they would be interested in buying a block of their service, buy moving these assets they should be able to finalize the buyout because the market share will be under the goverment requirements.

Dont know the timeline on the SEC Network but I believe they are looking at having it online before August, Goverment slowed the timeline down. :pepper:

Last edited:
True, however, August 31st is Utah State vs. Tennessee on the SEC Network. That is the deadline. Well, actually five or so days before that so I can make sure they get time for a new install...

Since ESPN owns the SEC Network, I wonder if those games will be on WatchESPN.

Everyone beware that as soon as the time period they promised you for the reduction in your bill is up, they will raise your rates back and include the cost of the SEC Network. They do this just to keep you as a customer and then hit you with an enormous bill if you don't cancel the service before the deadline.

I'm getting worried about DIRECTV getting the SEC network. I've called several times and fill out the form every chance I get including once today and send it to get SEC network. If they don't get it I'm going to switch to dish or uverse but I hate AT&T so it'll probably be dish

Just spoke to twc rep. He was confident they will reach a deal. They are in contract talks, that's all the info he had.

Was told by customer service that Time Warner and Comcast will be one by end of the year.

My deadline is 8/1 for Comcast. If they haven't reached an agreement by then, I'm switching to Uverse. We have to many trees for a dish to get a good signal. Sadly, the trees aren't even mine, but my only option is a dish by my mailbox and I'm not doing that.

Too bad we aren't bammer fans and a dish next to the mailbox would improve the look of our trailer.

I called Time Warner and complained about my bill, she said they recently lost $$$ and raised my bill 30.00 a month...go figure...

VN Store

Back