Summerhill

VolinDalton

You'll Be Smitten
Does anyone have any information on Summerhill's status for this season? I watched him vs AP and thought he showed signs of being a good weapon at RB. Checked the roster and he's listed but no number. I'd love to see more carries for this young man in his last year as a Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
Prepare to be disappointed.

mgbSlQJ.gif

Reactions: 7 people
I want to say he will be doing some student coaching this year. I believe that's what I heard.

9 carries for almost 70 yards... Not too shabby even against Austin Peay is all I'm saying. I have always thought he could have been used more. He just seemed slippery between the tackles.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Probably needed to stop doing that. :ermm:

I'd love to see him get more carries too, means we're blowing the other team out.

I understand that he's not Jalen Hurd, but this guy has been a VFL during, arguably, the most difficult years that the Vols have seen in decades. He's a trooper and I have always been a fan.

I just want this young man to get a chance to show what he has and why UT recruited him as a RB. If he's stayed with this UT team for the last four years, he deserves a chance to shine.

Reactions: 2 people
I understand that he's not Jalen Hurd, but this guy has been a VFL during, arguably, the most difficult years that the Vols have seen in decades. He's a trooper and I have always been a fan.

I just want this young man to get a chance to show what he has and why UT recruited him as a RB. If he's stayed with this UT team for the last four years, he deserves a chance to shine.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated. I agree that he is a great Vol. However, part of becoming a better program is recruiting over some of those hard working players who stuck out the tough times. Its nothing personal, just how it happens. I wish him nothing but the best, but there is no way he will get carries over top tier talent like Lane, Hurd and Scott.

Reactions: 1 person
9 carries for almost 70 yards... Not too shabby even against Austin Peay is all I'm saying. I have always thought he could have been used more. He just seemed slippery between the tackles.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A guy in a wheelchair could get 300 yards on 9 carries against AP..

Reactions: 1 person
it'll be hard for him to get carries with the depth we have in the backfield this year.

Nice young man from North Alabama. Has a degree from UT as of this spring and, according to his mom, is planning to go to law school. He is VFL and has contributed by walking on, enduring years of the practice grind, and helping the APR.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back