Tennessee Football: Incoming Freshmen Most Likely to Start This Season

Not blaming the OP, but we're not even into July and I'm already so worn out with media lists and projections. August can't get here fast enough.

Reactions: 5 people
Just don't do slide shows any longer. It's a ploy to keep you hanging around the url, push more ads to you, and increase page hits. If you have a list, post it, I'm not hanging around for 60 second of page refreshes because an ad server is slow.

Reactions: 2 people
Just don't do slide shows any longer. It's a ploy to keep you hanging around the url, push more ads to you, and increase page hits. If you have a list, post it, I'm not hanging around for 60 second of page refreshes because an ad server is slow.

Fair enough, but it only takes a few seconds for me to refresh and change slides :)

Reactions: 1 person

60 sec refresh? Do you still have dial up?

Reactions: 4 people
I wouldn't be surprised to see a freshman make an impact on each level of the defense.

DL- Hendrix
LB- Bates (Jancek has praised him for staying over and putting in extra work on his own)
DB- TKjr or Evan Berry. Got a feeling the Berry twins are flying under the radar on these lists.

On the offensive side I'd say it's similar

OL: C. Thomas
RB: Hurd and Scott (if OLine can hold up enough for us to be good at pounding the rock with Lane and Hurd, lookout for Scott to come in late in the 3rd early in the 4th and outrun the tired bruised defense to the sidelines."
WR: Pearson and Malone (Malone seems to have a very professional approach to improving his craft and Pearson is very shifty)
TE: Wolf and Helm (will contribute but I don't think either will have a huge 1st year, but will show glimpses of their potential.)

Freshmen stats:

Hendrix: 30ish tackles, 3-5 sacks, 6-9 TFL
Bates: 60-70 tackles, 1-2 sacks, 6-10 TFL, 2 INT
TKjr: 40-50 tackles, 3-4 TFL, 3 INT.

Malone: 30-40 receptions, 500-650yds, 4-6 TDs.
Hurd: 700-800 rushing yards, 4.5-5ypc, 6-7 TDs.
Pearson: 30-35 rec, 400-450yds, 4-5 TDs
Wolf: 15-20rec, 250-350 yds, 3-4 TDs.
Helm: 20-24 rec, 300-375yds, 4-5 TDs

Offense ppg: 33ppg
Defense ppg: 24ppg

I wouldn't be surprised to see a freshman make an impact on each level of the defense.

DL- Hendrix
LB- Bates (Jancek has praised him for staying over and putting in extra work on his own)
DB- TKjr or Evan Berry. Got a feeling the Berry twins are flying under the radar on these lists.

On the offensive side I'd say it's similar

OL: C. Thomas
RB: Hurd and Scott (if OLine can hold up enough for us to be good at pounding the rock with Lane and Hurd, lookout for Scott to come in late in the 3rd early in the 4th and outrun the tired bruised defense to the sidelines."
WR: Pearson and Malone (Malone seems to have a very professional approach to improving his craft and Pearson is very shifty)
TE: Wolf and Helm (will contribute but I don't think either will have a huge 1st year, but will show glimpses of their potential.)

Freshmen stats:

Hendrix: 30ish tackles, 3-5 sacks, 6-9 TFL
Bates: 60-70 tackles, 1-2 sacks, 6-10 TFL, 2 INT
TKjr: 40-50 tackles, 3-4 TFL, 3 INT.

Malone: 30-40 receptions, 500-650yds, 4-6 TDs.
Hurd: 700-800 rushing yards, 4.5-5ypc, 6-7 TDs.
Pearson: 30-35 rec, 400-450yds, 4-5 TDs
Wolf: 15-20rec, 250-350 yds, 3-4 TDs.
Helm: 20-24 rec, 300-375yds, 4-5 TDs

Offense ppg: 33ppg
Defense ppg: 24ppg

I agree with you about Evan Berry I tend to forget about him every time. I believe bates will play a whole lot especially on passing down but I don't think he will start. I can't see where he will start in our LB corp this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Malone, Coleman, Wolf/Helm on offense to start the season. Hurd possibly is the starting RB by midseason.

Moseley, TKJr/McDowell, Hendrix at DE depending on where Maggitt is playing to start the season. Bates and Sawyers/Barnett by midseason.

From NSD to August (excepting the O&W game) is the dead zone, twilight zone, or what ever you wanna call it.
BR and other sites desperate for content so anything goes.

:rolleyes:

I still think Jakob Johnson will be hard to keep off the field even if its only ST, I hear the kids a beast and very mature for his age. But we will see, Its going to be an exciting season watching these kids grow up...we will present some problems for some teams that are not ready for us...hopefully Oklahoma...they may look over us since they beat Bama and looking to the following week @ West Virginia.....they always has a Big Game Bob in them

I still think Jakob Johnson will be hard to keep off the field even if its only ST, I hear the kids a beast and very mature for his age. But we will see, Its going to be an exciting season watching these kids grow up...we will present some problems for some teams that are not ready for us...hopefully Oklahoma...they may look over us since they beat Bama and looking to the following week @ West Virginia.....they always has a Big Game Bob in them

I think he's a guy you'll see shine end of his sophomore year and going into his junior year. He hasn't played enough organized football to start at DE/LB hybrid yet. I do like his intangibles based on everything the coaches have said. Once he polishes up a bit he'll be a good one.

I have watched both Josh Malone and Jalen Hurd in high school games. Both are outstanding players, totally committed to their game. Hurd got hurt early last season and missed the remainder or the season but given his ability to overcome injury at an early age I hope to see him be a star player along with Malone.

Not much first hand info on the other players on that list. I am crossing my fingers for the team as a whole to make the biggest turn-around in NCAA history by winning a national championship this season. :)

I have watched both Josh Malone and Jalen Hurd in high school games. Both are outstanding players, totally committed to their game. Hurd got hurt early last season and missed the remainder or the season but given his ability to overcome injury at an early age I hope to see him be a star player along with Malone.

Not much first hand info on the other players on that list. I am crossing my fingers for the team as a whole to make the biggest turn-around in NCAA history by winning a national championship this season. :)
A lot of us are overt optimists, but Butch just doesn't have the hosses to pull this wagon...and won't for at least a couple of years...to vie for a BCS championship. 'Not enough bricks, buddy. It's going to be exciting to see these newbies improve from week to week and make believers out of the football world. Team 188's going to be fun to watch, though, so keep your head up and we'll see you at the games.:stop:

BR should have done their homework, Coleman Thomas has taken ownership of one tackle position. RT for now but they may need him on the left side.

Gaulden, Mosely, TK2 and Cortez and Jakob Johnson will all start or be two deep. I see Wolf and Helm switching out every few plays. Hurd & Scott will get lots of time. DL will see at least two in the two deep rotation, maybe as many as five. VP and Blair although not FR will be starters or two deep. Plus a couple of LBs in the two-deep.

I read where Eric Berry said his little brother Evan was far more talented than himself. If this is true then lookout. Eric is one of the all-time greats at TN. JMO.:rock:

BR should have done their homework, Coleman Thomas has taken ownership of one tackle position. RT for now but they may need him on the left side.

Gaulden, Mosely, TK2 and Cortez and Jakob Johnson will all start or be two deep. I see Wolf and Helm switching out every few plays. Hurd & Scott will get lots of time. DL will see at least two in the two deep rotation, maybe as many as five. VP and Blair although not FR will be starters or two deep. Plus a couple of LBs in the two-deep.

That's a very optimistic prediction for these freshmen.

VN Store

Back