what are you expecting vs. OU?

BIG BOI 23

after seeing what that QB did to bama's defense and the DL did to bama's OL are you expecting a blowout? or do you think you can keep it within 10 or so? maybe pull out a win

Last edited:
It's really hard for me to say. That same OU team made it really close last year with several teams that are far inferior to Bama. So it kind of depends on which OU team shows up.

I'd like to think that blowout wins for our opponents will be fewer and farther between than they were last year though.

What are your thoughts for UF at UT?

I never concede anything when it comes to my Vols. I expect a tough game, because I have a lot of respect for Oklahoma and I think they are gonna be a very good team this season.

But I always expect Tennessee to compete, no matter the circumstances. And I always have hope that we can win, no matter the opponent.

So I guess I don't know what to expect.

Reactions: 2 people
We win 86-3. Worley throws for 521 yard and Hurd rushes for 394. North and Malone haul in 3 TDs a piece. AJ, Curt, Bates, Hendrix, Sawyers, and Barnett account for 13 sacks. Sutton and Berry grab 2 INTs each.

Reactions: 13 people
We win 86-3. Worley throws for 521 yard and Hurd rushes for 394. North and Malone haul in 3 TDs a piece. AJ, Curt, Bates, Hendrix, Sawyers, and Barnett account for 13 sacks. Sutton and Berry grab 2 INTs each.

Ya I can see that as well

Reactions: 2 people
Bama played completely uninspired, because they wanted in the big game and were unable to get there because of the Auburn game. If I were betting I would say/hope we would stay within 10-14. MY bet would be a final score of 35-24 OU... We still just do not have the overall depth that OU has. But we will compete for 4 quarters something Bama did not do.

We are going to grow up very quick. I expect OU to be a title contender this year, so I don't think we can be expected to come fresh out of high school and win that game. It's unrealistic, but I will love watching how we respond to the challenge. To see if these young men can hang in there for a full 60 minutes...no matter the score, That's what I want to see. Buy the way, I saw OU last year as we are this year. They are just a year ahead of us in building. I expect we will look that good next year, so bam a is going dowwwwwwwwwwn.

Reactions: 1 person
It's really hard for me to say. That same OU team made it really close last year with several teams that are far inferior to Bama. So it kind of depends on which OU team shows up.

I'd like to think that blowout wins for our opponents will be fewer and farther between than they were last year though.

What are your thoughts for UF at UT?

pretty sure the belldozer was the QB in all those games you saw before the sugar bowl then knight went out and threw for 400 and the defense looked better id expect that team to show up not the team that lost to texas

but who knows that was only 1 game knight might not be that great

Last edited:
OU replaces a lot of play makers on offense. Nearly 70% of their offensive production was lost if I remember correctly, as well as some key pieces on the OL like their C Ikard. Trevor Knight will still carry the team offensively and I expect him to be a good QB. They lost their senior RB duo and are left with talented sophomore Ford (who was very highly rated). Jalen Saunders was their best WR and he's gone but they've still got a really good one to fall back on in Shepard. I would love to see a confident, healthy Worley vs Oklahoma. I think it will be a better match up than most experts predict.

I'm going all in. At the very least I expect us to try and contain their running game, try and get pressure on Knight to try and force a few mistakes. JMO this game comes down to how smart Trevor Knight is with the football. Also interesting note, Blake Bell (former starting QB) is learning TE.

I want to see the UT defense play good fundamental football with lot's of energy, and the offense to establish a running game and hold onto the football. If OU does not have the ball it will be more difficult for them to score. Other than that I am not worried about the score as it will be closer than most think.

Go Vols!

yea i really dont know who they lost or not i just know 2 stars of the bama game knight and striker are back

im interested to see joe mixon in a OU uniform tho kid was a 5 star rb out of cali

Consistent QB play, getting the reads right and getting the ball into the hands of the play makers.

A defense that is able to make stops when they count.

Special teams play that scores when we need it and puts us in good field position to give us the opportunity to score.

Opportunistic players who take advantages of any breaks.

And then we all wake up 6 months later from an alcohol/medically induced coma only to be forced to come to grips with reality.

Reactions: 1 person
We will lose by 30+. I can see it being no different than last year's Auburn or Oregon games. We will play hard though.

Close to halftime with good QB play, then the sooners take over in the 3rd quarter and beat us by 17, we are not ready for that type of team this year, to young. The sooners got a chance to win the playoffs this year, so a 17 point game is no big deal as long as we play to the end, just don't quit.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back