Probably gonna get roasted for this, but.....

DeusExMachina

"I aim to misbehave"
Figured y'all might get a laugh out of some Gump "wisdom". Here's what I've been dealing with for the last couple hours. My words, of course, are in Orange.

Gump #1: "I love Bama Football & appreciate what Coach Saban is doing in Tuscaloosa. Since The Bear, other coaches couldn't stand being in the shadow of The Bear. Gene Stallings won a national title, but he couldn't shrink in The Bear's shadow too much because despite winning 70 games, his 7 year tenure was mostly plagued by controversy & inner turmoil. Nick Saban is running a very tight ship right now & has brought Bama back to national prominence it had not had since the days of The Bear & Stallings. Saban will leave a great legacy behind at Bama & will go down as one of the greatest coaches in Tide history because The Bear has been & will always be The Greatest Coach in Bama Football & College Football History. Saban will never erase The Bear's large shadow that will always loom in Tuscaloosa, let alone eclipse his legacy. I'm loving the success the Tide has had over the last 5 years!!! Looking for that winning trend to continue!!!"

Gump #2: "If Nick Saban wins the next 8 national championships and goes undefeated the next 8 years(120-0) ends his Bama career with 11 National Championships, 10 SEC Championships and a record of 194-15 at Alabama. Would you still rank Bryant ahead of Saban?"

Gump #3: "(name redacted), that's not gonna happen, silly! But, if Saban surpasses his total titles (SEC & N.C.) in less time than the Bear did it, it would be hard not to at least put Saban right up there with the Bear as the best college fb coach of all time. That being said, while growing up as a lil kid watching Bama fb and loving coach Bryant, no coach will ever take his place in our heart of hearts. Roll Tide forever! Good post!"

Gump #3: "If he accomplished more than Bryant did then I would have to say he was possibly better because personally I think there were alot of better coaches nationally then, than there are now. Look at how good these teams were consistently back then than compared to now. Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, etc. Those teams were ALWAYS powerhouses back in Bryant's days. Not now...lol"

"Robert Neyland says "(redacted because I used a bad word) Bear Bryant AND Nick Saban". Until they go undefeated and un-scored upon, Neyland rules this conversation."

Gump #3: "Whatever....in 1934 Neyland got beat by then coach Frank Thomas on his way to an undefeated national championship season. Also, look up a fellow named Wallace Wade. He won a few himself also."

Did Frank Thomas or Wallace Wade go un-scored upon?? No?? That's what I thought. Neyland > all. No, the General wasn't perfect all the time, but he still has something no other coach will ever achieve.

Gump #3: "Not true. Some early Michigan teams did it also. Look it up. Not sure if Wade or Thomas did and don't really care. A coach's legacy doesn't ride on whether or not he ever went un-scored upon, but rather winning nc's. Bryant's 6 > Neyland's 4"

"Bryant never beat Neyland. Look THAT up."

#3: "Never played him with a Bama team either."

"In 1939, Neyland's Tennessee Volunteers became the first and only team in NCAA history to hold ALL their regular season opponents scoreless.

"People think I'm the greatest (redacted because Bryant used a bad word) coach in the world," said the great Bear Bryant, "but NEYLAND taught me everything I know."
The Bear coached against Bob Neyland's Tennesse teams seven times and never beat him. "I never beat him," he said, "but I learned a lot from playing him."

(*gasp*)"

#3: "Like I said....never played him with a Bama team AND Tennessee NOT the only team to do it, by a long shot. Look at the post I put your name on on this group page. Your being a little overzealous there guy. What has Tennessee done lately? LMMFAO! *gasp*"

"What part of "the only team in NCAA history"....lemme reiterate, "the ONLY TEAM IN NCAA HISTORY" was the hardest to understand??? Tennessee, under GRN, was the ONLY team to EVER pull it off. I know you Gumps worship PB as a demigod, but maybe you need to open your eyes and realize that the best coach to ever coach a CFB game worked in Knoxville."

#3: "U really believe that just because he had a un-scored upon season that he's the best cfb coach EVER? Hahahahahahaha! Sorry bud...not too many cfb fans out there that will agree with you on that one. Js!"

"Not my fault that "most CFB fans" are misinformed. Not my fault that ESPN gargled PB's man chowder by making that stupid "The Junction Boys" movie (impartial my [bad word], [bad word] ESPN). Where's Neyland's movie??"

#3: "And we'll spank that ass real good for yall again this year. So best be ready for it!"

"(*sigh*) yet another reason I can't wait until the cyclic nature of the SEC strikes again and the Gumps go back to sucking on a yearly basis. The "bama fans" will pull all their Auburn [bad word] out of their closet and act like they never supported UA.....until they start winning again.

Before you question what I mean by 'cyclic nature'....do the names Dennis Franchione, Mike Shula and Mike DeBose ring a bell??

Our time is coming....

And oh by the way, enjoy the Kiffin Curse. We're all pretty happy that y'all hired that [bad word] clown shoe."

#3: All 3 of them were better than Dooley....ha! And Butch Jones really aint [bad word] neither! Kiffin is gonna rip yalls defense apart lol"

LMFAO....keep believing THAT [bad word]. Makes it all the more sweeter when your team implodes. Our time is coming.

Cliffs Notes:

-Gumps are stupid.
-The age-old "Gumps and Maggots joke"
-Gumps are idiots.
-Robert Neyland > Paul Bryant
-Gumps are morons.
-Some of their fans are actually happy they hired Kiffin.

Reactions: 9 people
I got bored and quit reading. Bottom line, Saban is the best in the business right now. Not sure what this thread is trying to prove. But, again, I quit reading about 1/3 of the way.

Reactions: 18 people
I got bored and quit reading. Bottom line, Saban is the best in the business right now. Not sure what this thread is trying to prove. But, again, I quit reading about 1/3 of the way.

I started thinking of how to tie a hangmans knot and then I realized it was coming to an end

Reactions: 10 people
oh. and I don't see how the Bryant never beat Neyland argument works really. Two different eras, Bryant just got his start while Neyland was still around.

I got about 50 words in, stopped, went outside to the driveway and slammed my nads in the car door. It was less painful than reading only a fraction of this nonsense.

Good grief. General Neyland is rolling right now.

Reactions: 5 people
I can't help but imagine the bus convo between Bubba and Forrest when reading this. It's better if you read it in those voices

Reactions: 4 people
Just a reminder that winning the game during the season is of utmost importance.

Otherwise, this is all you are left with in an argument.

Reactions: 2 people
hmmj..this offseason seems to be getting longer and longer.....
Things that could happen if you read the OP's full post at work or out in public....

thumbs_04.gif

chandler-2.gif

35qqm.gif

giphy.gif

Can we get this taking down he talking all this saban **** he needs to be talking all this butch talk ....I would have rather read about this with dooley name in replace to the dikk sucking hes doing

Reactions: 1 person
The only question I have after reading this, is who pays you guys to stand around and talk this much @#$# about football??

Saban is the worst coach in history, and got lucky for a few years, but he's tired and done now. bam a is over. Thank the good lord.

Reactions: 1 person
You're only as good as your most recent record. We aren't that good. History is nice and all but it doesn't matter today(in sports)

VN Store

Back