Alvin Kamara Commitment Puts Tennessee a QB Away from Challenging for SEC East

Reactions: 1 person
The difference is that most sports sites have paid or beat writers that have inside access, sources, etc. Anyone can go to BR and write an article.

Not true. I've even seen some elite recruits specifically mention they just want to see us make a bowl game before choosing us. It may be the Liberty Bowl or Birmingham Bowl, but it's still progress. What bowl did we go to the past few years again exactly?

Not true. I've even seen some elite recruits specifically mention they just want to see us make a bowl game before choosing us. It may be the Liberty Bowl or Birmingham Bowl, but it's still progress. What bowl did we go to the past few years again exactly?

Who?? (I don't mean that smart assed at all, I am generally curious)

I think this season is a huge test for UT football...A bowl game is needed to keep this recruiting momentum going. If it happens and Butch and co can keep it going, I don't see how on earth UT won't be competing in a few years.

ItÂ’s nice to see Butch bolstering the Fortress of Volitude with keystones like Kamara, but IÂ’ll be glad when weÂ’ve reached the point where we no longer have to plug the holes with refugees from Alabama.

BR isn't as bad as some of you all try to make it. They do the exact same thing as any other sports media company and that is provide their opinion.

BR used to shovel out hot garbage on the regular. I've noticed in the last 6 months or so they're really putting out quality stuff.

Reactions: 6 people

Well then, if you're going to be specific, please name the specific elite recruits who mentioned that just any old bowl game will do. I have not seen that, but I can't read everything that every recruit has to say.

Who?? (I don't mean that smart assed at all, I am generally curious)

I think this season is a huge test for UT football...A bowl game is needed to keep this recruiting momentum going. If it happens and Butch and co can keep it going, I don't see how on earth UT won't be competing in a few years.

I'll admit I don't honestly remember, it was a quote from a month or so ago in the weekly recruiting update, I'll see what I can find.

Edit: I'm having trouble finding it, and it may not hold true in the end, but it can't hurt for them to see progress.

Last edited:
This also brings into focus why Riley Ferguson leaving is/was so strange. If he had the talent so many "experts" said he did, he could have been the guy. I only worry all these skill guys will have a freshman QB leading the way, which is tough in most circumstances, but brutal in SEC play. Nonetheless, it is exciting to see a team of talent being put together. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back