Viking Coach: re Tiny

MrBiggles

So saw this on the Viking site.

Q: With Matt Kalil out, Antonio Richardson has been getting 1st team reps what have you seen there and can he play left and right?
A: We will just leave him alone right now and then eventually we will start doing that. He’s a very talented guy. Obviously, he has great size and length, he catches on pretty good as far as the scheme, we’re excited about him, we think he has a chance to be a good player.

Looks like they are impressed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Wish him the best of luck. Barring more knee problems I believe he will make their roster. With the right coaching he could become the anchor of an NFL OLine one day.

Reactions: 3 people

Q: With Matt Kalil out, Antonio Richardson has been getting 1st team reps what have you seen there and can he play left and right?
A: We will just leave him alone right now and then eventually we will start doing that. He’s a very talented guy. Obviously, he has great size and length, he catches on pretty good as far as the scheme, we’re excited about him, we think he has a chance to be a good player.

I am not very likely to believe what coaches say before the regular season begins. I remember last year the Jets were talking about how well Zack Rogers was doing, but they ended up cutting him none the less.

I think that they speak well of everyone during the off season when being interviewed.

Reactions: 4 people
But I thought he was highly overrated and was our worst lineman last year?

Well, he went from being a first or second round pick in the preseason to an undrafted free agent so you do the math. I wasn't one of the guys calling him our worst OL last year but he surely didn't play near expectations. Could've been because he was playing at 65% as he said. Hope the kid has a long and prosperous NFL career.

Reactions: 5 people
I am not very likely to believe what coaches say before the regular season begins. I remember last year the Jets were talking about how well Zack Rogers was doing, but they ended up cutting him none the less.

I think that they speak well of everyone during the off season when being interviewed.

Yep, thus the term coachspeak.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, he went from being a first or second round pick in the preseason to an undrafted free agent so you do the math. I wasn't one of the guys calling him our worst OL last year but he surely didn't play near expectations. Could've been because he was playing at 65% as he said. Hope the kid has a long and prosperous NFL career.

Someone mentioned an injury that scared the NFL scouts away.

No doubt the injury was a big factor, but his play was surely a contributing factor. Taken together you get what Tiny got.... undrafted.

This.

Some of us brought this up prior to the season end and prior to the NFL draft and we were flamed. I find it a whole lot better to be real. That does not mean I do not want him to do well in the NFL. He is a loyal VFL that I hope has huge success. But to even think he would be drafted in the first couple of rounds with what the NFL saw on film and in person to go with his in depth medical exams was nothing but wishful thinking by him and those that wanted to believe.

Good luck to Mr. Richardson. Wish he was on the o line for the VOLS this year.

He has got to work on the false starts, he got way to many last year, I remember a lot of 3rd and 2 turned into 3rd and 7, he hurt us a lot last year, I know he had bad knees, but he is not in the same league as James. I hope he gets healthy and works on his game and become a 8 time all pro, I wish him the best of luck like every Vol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back