The Semi-Forgotten Man

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
With all the talk and attention being focused on North, Pearson, and Malone with good reason, I want to talk about the semi-forgotten man, one Jason Croom. In the justified hype of North, and wild with expectations for Pearson, Malone, Croom is rarely mentioned. He’s a monster of a WR who at season end was showing progress. It continued during spring practice. When the Butch unleashes this monster man, with North and/or Pearson at the other end, well. . . .

I was working in the lab, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab, began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

Six foot-five, 235 pounds of bone and muscle, this son-of-gun is going hit like sixteen tons. Now, imagine a single tackler way out in the lonesome field away from line of scrimmage, trying to drag down this horror after a catch. Woe to any caught all alone with him out there after a catch. And if it’ head on, bash won’t be the word, but mash will.

He did the mash, he did the monster mash
The monster mash, it was a graveyard smash
He did the mash, it caught on in a flash

He’s had a year under belt and to get his routing running right. As he said, he’s been focusing on using his body more effectively. Only natural because his body is a natural weapon. I fully expect to see opponent defenders doing what happened with Jarnell Stokes. They will just bounce off that monstrous frame. The beauty is that teams won’t be able to key on him due to the other monsters we have in North, Malone and Pearson. Defenders time and again will have to go one on one with these guys. And this is why we will finally see the real Jason Croom, but our opponents will call him ‘Doom.” My apologies, Victor, Lord of Latveria.

The zombies were having fun
The party had just begun
The guests included Wolfman,
Dracula, and his son

And of course we got a second tier supporting cast in Carter, Blanc, Smith, Wharton, Helm, and Johnson. All who can take advantage of a tired and whipped bunch of cornerbacks and safeties. Perhaps damaged as well from bouncing off and having the witlessness to be truck mashed by the Croom they call Doom.

The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds
Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds
The coffin-bangers were about to arrive
With their vocal group, 'The Crypt-Kicker Five'

Jason Croom will be semi-forgotten no more. Take it away, Bobby:

They played the mash, they played the monster mash
They played the mash, it caught on in a flash
dancing.gif

Reactions: 29 people
With all the talk and attention being focused on North, Pearson, and Malone with good reason, I want to talk about the semi-forgotten man, one Jason Croom. In the justified hype of North, and wild with expectations for Pearson, Malone, Croom is rarely mentioned. He’s a monster of a WR who at season end was showing progress. It continued during spring practice. When the Butch unleashes this monster man, with North and/or Pearson at the other end, well. . . .

Six foot-five, 235 pounds of bone and muscle, this son-of-gun is going hit like sixteen tons. Now, imagine a single tackler way out in the lonesome field away from line of scrimmage, trying to drag down this horror after a catch. Woe to any caught all alone with him out there after a catch. And if it’ head on, bash won’t be the word, but mash will.

He’s had a year under belt and to get his routing running right. As he said, he’s been focusing on using his body more effectively. Only natural because his body is a natural weapon. I fully expect to see opponent defenders doing what happened with Jarnell Stokes. They will just bounce off that monstrous frame. The beauty is that teams won’t be able to key on him due to the other monsters we have in North, Malone and Pearson. Defenders time and again will have to go one on one with these guys. And this is why we will finally see the real Jason Croom, but our opponents will call him ‘Doom.” My apologies, Victor, Lord of Latveria.

The party had just begun
Dracula, and his son

And of course we got a second tier supporting cast in Carter, Blanc, Smith, Wharton, Helm, and Johnson. All who can take advantage of a tired and whipped bunch of cornerbacks and safeties. Perhaps damaged as well from bouncing off and having the witlessness to be truck mashed by the Croom they call Doom.

dancing.gif

Great post OP. I woke up in a stupor and semi hangover. I saw this and started laughing and got some WTFs from family members.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
I woke up and thought I slept til Halloween when I read this. Good stuff; albeit unusual.

I still think he will be the starter in a highly rotated group. Butch should make the opposing CBs do 40 yard sprints every possible play by using fresh WRs. Come the third and forth quarter, they will be worn out and guessing on run plays.

Croom has had ample time to make a significant contribution with a lower level of competition than he will face this year at WR, and he just hasn't produced. I hope he can flip a switch or something, but I'm skeptical.

The party had just begun
Dracula, and his son

dancing.gif

How's the weather there in Colorado?

Reactions: 1 person
Croom has had ample time to make a significant contribution with a lower level of competition than he will face this year at WR, and he just hasn't produced. I hope he can flip a switch or something, but I'm skeptical.

Some WR's take longer to develop. Croom just needs to elevate and use his body more.

I recall reading somewhere from the coaches that he plays "soft" for such a big WR. He was still very young last year and it may be that he still needs some time in the S&C program to really shine. I hope this year is the year for him; guy seems like he has ridiculous potential.

Some WR's take longer to develop. Croom just needs to elevate and use his body more.

About needing to elevate, might not be his fault. I recall last year, Butch called him out on the megaphone. His message was, "You're six feet, five. Stop jumping." My belief is any WR may want to get off the ground if a pass is at least head high. I think it alleviates the impact of a tackle by the body not being anchored to the ground. But Butch told him not to jump and Croom complied so I don't think his not elevating can be laid on him. Not meaning to associate him with those things at the Nuremberg Trials, he was a good soldier. He did what he was told to do.

Last edited:

The party had just begun
Dracula, and his son

dancing.gif

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

But Tinker Bell is a she and gay to boot. :)

But Tinker Bell is a she and gay to boot. :)

It's just a cover, that's how it fools you. Oh and with this thread I believe you have taken the lead in thread production over BeattieFeathers. Remember it's a marathon until august, not a sprint don't wear yourself out to quickly.

It's just a cover, that's how it fools you. Oh and with this thread I believe you have taken the lead in thread production over BeattieFeathers. Remember it's a marathon until august, not a sprint don't wear yourself out to quickly.

Veggie funny. :)

VN Store

Back