Running back depth

skasper06

Just wanted to say I love the depth we are getting at the running back position.

We lose Lane and Young next year but tell me this depth at tailback doesn't get you excited for our running back position.

Jalen Hurd
Alvin Kamara
Derrell Scott
Treyvon Paulk
Rocky Reid
Jocquez Bruce

Maybe Bruce ends up at a different position, but still... that's a nasty backfield. And remember, Kamara has 3 years left. This is an extremely young, talented group of players.

Reactions: 16 people
On paper they all look extremely good, very impressive group as a whole. Lets remember though, that none of these kids has ever played a down of SEC football.

Reactions: 7 people
On paper they all look extremely good, very impressive group as a whole. Lets remember though, that none of these kids has ever played a down of SEC football.

True but if only half of that group lives up to their hype we will have a lethal backfield for years to come.

Reactions: 10 people

Certainly something to keep in mind, but it is inarguably the most sheer talent we have amassed at the position almost a decade.

Reactions: 4 people
Certainly something to keep in mind, but it is inarguably the most sheer talent we have amassed at the position almost a decade.

I would say on paper this is late 90s talent as a group. Time will tell if they live up to the hype but I haven't been this excited about a RB stable since the Lewis, Henry, Stephens era.

Reactions: 8 people
I think we just did.....

Are you 35 are younger? How about letting them play a down of football before declaring we have the next Stewart/Hayden/garner/phillips or Lewis/henry/Stephens/smith. They have not played a single down. Somebody is going to be disenchanted,get injured, or be a bust. Jeez......you guys are impatient and are the first to call for a coaches head.:salute:

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah I am not knocking them, I'm really glad with what we appear to have. I'm just stating nothing is certain.

Yes, but isn't it great to look to the future with a stable of potentially very talented running backs. Talent can bring a little more certainty to a situation. Potentially brighter days ahead. GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
First you gripe about people needing to pump the brakes (which I agree with btw), but then you act upset when someone does.
Smfh...

He's got a Jones for Fulmer. He's terrified that someone else will succeed at UT. He sets the bar as low as possible because "Fulmer was the greatest" then goes nuts if anything threatens that premise... even if it is good stuff.

This is very impressive.

Agree, and while yes, none have played a down of college football yet, its all the more important why you need numbers. Some of those guys will never see the field, but the law of averages say one or two will be studs.

He's got a Jones for Fulmer. He's terrified that someone else will succeed at UT. He sets the bar as low as possible because "Fulmer was the greatest" then goes nuts if anything threatens that premise... even if it is good stuff.

I prefer to see these kids for myself before declaring we have incredible depth. Good grief.....that's nonsense. One of the kids has a torn acl, one had shoulder surgery, and another had a history of getting in trouble at Bama. Those are facts. Now, go back to drinking the orange kool aid and be ready to run the coach off at the first hint of trouble.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Agree, and while yes, none have played a down of college football yet, its all the more important why you need numbers. Some of those guys will never see the field, but the law of averages say one or two will be studs.

The key to winning in the SEC.

Quality Depth

We got it now at RB, WR, DB, and LB. Once we get it in the trenches we will contend for championships again.

I wish we could get back to the depth we had in the late 90's.

Late 90s? Hell, how old are you? The late 80s, and the entire 90s. Its hard to argue against the back field of Aaron Hayden, James "little man" Stewart and Charlie Garner. Also, don't forget about Jay Graham and company........

The key to winning in the SEC.

Quality Depth

We got it now at RB, WR, DB, and LB. Once we get it in the trenches we will contend for championships again.

2015-16 we'll have the quality depth on the lines. Love how Butch is recruiting and building this thing. Good days ahead if the VN idiot brigade will just be a little patient.

How some people can b**** and moan about what we're bringing in is beyond me. No, these new RB's haven't played a down, but they were/are highly touted and I choose to be excited about the possibilities. The same thing can be said for every other team that's bringing in RB's, but I can guarantee the crying isn't as bad as it is on this board. Let's start looking at the possibilities in a good way people, their rankings are where they are for a reason.

VN Store

Back