For the record folks, randy sanders is offensive

BeattieFeathers

Coordinator/ qb coach of a national championship team. Is it possible that he will establish himself enough to eventually become our head coach? I know there are a lot of necks that don't understand football and don't like him, but if Fsu wins another title soon with his leadership, he is positioning himself nicely. I like butch a lot, but if he become very successful, michigan may come calling. Just things to think about. Go randy! Go vols!:hi:

coordinator/ qb coach of a national championship team. Is it possible that he will establish himself enough to eventually become our head coach? I know there are a lot of necks that don't understand football and don't like him, but if fsu wins another title soon with his leadership, he is positioning himself nicely. I like butch a lot, but if he become very successful, michigan may come calling. Just things to think about. Go randy! Go vols!:hi:

why......just why?

Reactions: 33 people
Coordinator/ qb coach of a national championship team. Is it possible that he will establish himself enough to eventually become our head coach? I know there are a lot of necks that don't understand football and don't like him, but if Fsu wins another title soon with his leadership, he is positioning himself nicely. I like butch a lot, but if he become very successful, michigan may come calling. Just things to think about. Go randy! Go vols!:hi:

I think we have a head coach don't we? It probably didn't hurt that he had a Heisman Trophy QB and a GREAT defense. Just like when he was at UT in 98. Great running game, off the charts defense and an above average passing game....Alfred E Newman could have called that game and Tennessee beats FSU

Reactions: 4 people

He's a position coach...really good at it...failed at coordinator twice. :victory: Position coaches do rise to HC status, but they usually have to go to a lower level (FCS?) opp first...if he likes teaching...and winning at a salary higher than most doctors and lawyers, he probably stands pat...he ain't exactly getting younger.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we have a head coach don't we? It probably didn't hurt that he had a Heisman Trophy QB and a GREAT defense. Just like when he was at UT in 98. Great running game, off the charts defense and an above average passing game....Alfred E Newman could have called that game and Tennessee beats FSU

Hmmm, So nick saban coaches a bunch of pikers, huh? Amazing!!! Randy sanders is one of our own ! He is a Vfl! A real Vfl not a faux Vfl like vol fans. I love butch! But every good ad keeps a short list handy!

He's a position coach...really good at it...failed at coordinator twice. :victory: Position coaches do rise to HC status, but they usually have to go to a lower level (FCS?) opp first...if he likes teaching...and winning at a salary higher than most doctors and lawyers, he probably stands pat...he ain't exactly getting younger.

He is offensive coordinator pal!

Never will be a hc for a meaningful school. Probably wont be a coordinator at one either.

While I don't fully support the intent behind this thread, I will say that Coach Sanders receives more blame than he deserves for the troubles on teams here in those days. He is a better coach than given credit for. I agree others will come calling for CBJ, but I'm hopeful he'll stay with us. JMO

Reactions: 3 people
Um, we have a coach. So there is that.

But yes, hopefully he is positioning himself for a HC job somewhere else.

If that is what he wants.

coordinator/ qb coach of a national championship team. Is it possible that he will establish himself enough to eventually become our head coach? I know there are a lot of necks that don't understand football and don't like him, but if fsu wins another title soon with his leadership, he is positioning himself nicely. I like butch a lot, but if he become very successful, michigan may come calling. Just things to think about. Go randy! Go vols!:hi:

just stop! Gawd

In name only...and thank you...for calling me pal! :huggy:

Oh ok, in name only? If that makes you feel better. Randy sanders can't possibly be the offensive coordinator of a national championship team! Especially after he was brutalized by our all knowing fan base, you know, the ones that wanted Phil gone?

He was QB coach last year. After the season ended he was named co-offensive coordinator/QBs. New title, same job. Keeps the business card makers in business.

Reactions: 2 people
He was QB coach last year. After the season ended he was named co-offensive coordinator/QBs. New title, same job. Keeps the business card makers in business.

Ok, I understand, but I've seen several people state that he is qb coach, when in fact he is offensive coordinator. It makes them feel better about themselves to keep talking crap about a true Vfl.

CBJ not going anywhere unless the NFL comes calling IMO. But by then he will have been very successful and I will be ok with that. We will get an established coach to replace an NFL bound Butch

Ok, I understand, but I've seen several people state that he is qb coach, when in fact he is offensive coordinator. It makes them feel better about themselves to keep talking crap about a true Vfl.

When was the last time anybody on here said anything about Randy Sanders, good or bad, before you started this random thread today?

Btw, he was originally hired as only the QB position coach before being name co-offensive coordinator in the offseason. So to call him THE Florida State OC isn't quite correct.

Chill out man! When people see your threads they start foaming at the mouth to give you a hard time.

To answer your question I don't see Sanders ever being back at Tennessee. He was better than Clawson though.

VN Store

Back