Phil Steele: Most improved teams in 2014

Snakebrown13

Wow. Someone else believes...

NCAAF Most improved teams for 2014 - ESPN

8. TENNESSEE
In the past three years, the Volunteers are 4-20 in SEC play. This year's squad has much more experience at the skill positions than last year but remarkably has zero returning starters on the offensive and defensive lines. While they play my No. 2 toughest schedule in the country, those inexperienced lines will have more experience come November, when, if they sweep the likes of Kentucky, Missouri and Vanderbilt in their final three games, they will be bowling for the first time since 2010.

Reactions: 46 people

8. TENNESSEE
In the past three years, the Volunteers are 4-20 in SEC play. This year's squad has much more experience at the skill positions than last year but remarkably has zero returning starters on the offensive and defensive lines. While they play my No. 2 toughest schedule in the country, those inexperienced lines will have more experience come November, when, if they sweep the likes of Kentucky, Missouri and Vanderbilt in their final three games, they will be bowling for the first time since 2010.

Positive post.....oh boy......its going to get ugly.

Reactions: 3 people
4-20 the last 3 years in SEC play.......my oh my.

long-time-coming-meme.jpg

See above...there are other things that have been a longtime coming similar to UT getting any SEC wins lately.

Reactions: 5 people
What Butch is doing reminds me of a train slowly getting going. You can hear the wheels beginning to turn. chugga chugga chugga. A couple of more good classes and we'll be back.

Reactions: 5 people
Time for the Phil Steele haters to emerge........

He is one of the best so called experts, like he says sweep final 3 and we go bowling, he hit it right on about both lines and that's where it is won in this league, 6 and 6 would be huge for this team I just don't see where anybody would think this team with the youth can win 8 or 9 games, next year 8 then in 16 we will be back competing for the EAST, we just got to hang in there for 1 more year and then huge success will be coming.:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
What Butch is doing reminds me of a train slowly getting going. You can hear the wheels beginning to turn. chugga chugga chugga. A couple of more good classes and we'll be back.

I am with you but a lot on here wont to skip this year but we cant, we got to go threw one more 6 and 6 season, and then finally next year we will have a great chance of getting 8 wins, but when the TRAIN gets to the top of the hill look out the VOLS will be kicking azz in 2016, we the fans got to understand this is not the little 10 this is the minor league system for the NFL, if we were in the little 10 we might win 8 games with the little ohio states schedule look at there schedule and then look at our they will go 12 and 0 are 11 and 1, but they don't play nobody I believe people sometimes don't understand what it takes to win, we got to have the big DL they are on there way in this recruiting class in 15, we just don't have them now and we cant rush the process the job will get done, we just got to hang in there and support the team and coach this year.:rock: I hope I am wrong but I don't see this team with the youth on both lines and QB play how this team can win 8 games in the regular season, now with a little luck maybe win 7 and then bowl, that would be huge, we are just so young it gets tired every year the same old thing but one thing is different this time than 4 or 5 years ago we got a heck of a lot of talent and a lot more coming in 15, that's why it will be different this time around, this team was in the worst shape talent wise when coach Jones took over than its been in the last 50 years, go back and look, we hit rock bottom ,but we are coming slowing like the man said the train is on its way to the top, when we get there look out because we TENNESSEE WILL RULE THE EAST and compete year in and year out for awhile.:clapping:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

8. TENNESSEE

If memory serves we were on that list last year too.

Reactions: 1 person
of course we will be improved. Many of those "returning starters" everybody likes to talk about were absolutely terrible their whole career. Its only going to get better. Ill take the big time talent thats fast but yet inexperienced over the marginally talented senior who is slow as molasses and has done nothing their whole career. Tired of seeing that.

Reactions: 2 people
He is one of the best so called experts, like he says sweep final 3 and we go bowling, he hit it right on about both lines and that's where it is won in this league, 6 and 6 would be huge for this team I just don't see where anybody would think this team with the youth can win 8 or 9 games, next year 8 then in 16 we will be back competing for the EAST, we just got to hang in there for 1 more year and then huge success will be coming.:rock:

I agree. My only concern is will a 6-6 team keep us up with the big boys in recruiting?

Can't win in this league without a line. We finish the same as last year. Swapping wins with sc for vandy

4-20 the last 3 years in SEC play.......my oh my.

Most of those losses have been straight up beat down and haven't been close. In the last 4 years combined we are 21-28 and it's not even the 28 losses that hurt most of them have been over before halftime.:dunno:

VN Store

Back