This pic causes me to wonder...

fade route

Just being honest
While I love the pic and have no issues with it, are there former players that as a current coach you shouldn't have your picture taken with? And please no one say Janzen Jackson.

image.jpg

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure Jamal is one of them. Although I could see where it is debatable.

Reactions: 1 person
good question Fade... UT has Goodrich,Stallworth and Little who have all drank and gotten behind the wheel and killed someone after they got to the NFL...but I've also heard them speak about their situations and counsel people on the bad decisions they made... but if they have shown contrition various times,I think it makes it easier,and you definitely don't want to turn your back on them... you would like to think you have people there to support you...and you could have them back to speak to the younger players and recruits,to give advice and such....some of those players are going to be in the NFL and will face the same pitfalls...now an Aaron Hernandez type situation is something else entirely...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Jamal was a big time coke dealer but he paid his debt by spending time in prison. Everybody deserves a second chance but he will always have that "enigma" around him.

While I love the pic and have no issues with it, are there former players that as a current coach you shouldn't have your picture taken with? And please no one say Janzen Jackson.

View attachment 78513

guess you are to good to not not let ur past go, u have never made mistakes, I burned your couch after this post.

If the picture has Vol football as it's chief component as the pic with Butch and Jamal does then there should never be anything wrong with Jones posing with a fomer Vol player whether they've lead a misspent life (Travis Henry) or not. The only exception I would make for that is if the former player broke NCAA rules while at UT and took money from an agent such as Tyler Bray or Mo Couch (or possibly even Arian Foster who made a ridiculous allegation). Our coach should not embrace guys who put themselves above the program.

Reactions: 3 people
guess you are to good to not not let ur past go, u have never made mistakes, I burned your couch after this post.

The first sentence of my post said I loved the pic and have no problem with it..........so what on earth are you talking about?

The answer to the OP in my opinion is yes.

Can't think of any Vols that this would include.

I'm sure there are. Jamal is not one of them IMO. Everyone makes mistakes. As long as they own up to them I see no issue.

About 47% of pro players end up broke. We cheer when they succeed and turn our backs when they fail. We're all human and in my accounts there's only 1 man that walked the earth that was perfect. There was a point where he and others gave there all for UT. I myself can't question that. But I cheered.

Some of you guys need to get off your high horses.
1395844504721353.png

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back