Eight points

NFL first-round draft picks:
Eight points

Coaches' first-team all-conference picks: Six points

NFL draft picks, Rounds 2-4:
Four points

NFL draft picks, Rounds 5-7:
Two points

Awards included: Heisman Trophy (all-around), Maxwell Award (all-around), Walter Camp Award (all-around), Biletnikoff Award (wide receiver), Paul Hornung Award (most versatile).

One thing that skews the numbers is that a single player can rack up serious points if they won an award, was all-american, all-conference, and a top draft pick. That's 32 points, right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
When is the list bashing going to stop? My goodness, we haven't done crap in nearly a decade and some people think we deserve to be on everyone's "best of" list.

Reactions: 11 people
How is it BS? Here's their criteria:

College football award winners:
10 points

Consensus All-Americans:
Eight points

Eight points

Four points

Two points

Awards included: Heisman Trophy (all-around), Maxwell Award (all-around), Walter Camp Award (all-around), Biletnikoff Award (wide receiver), Paul Hornung Award (most versatile).

I guess I'd have to actually crunch out the numbers, but it's just hard to believe with the number of WR's we've put in the NFL since 2000 that we didn't crack the top 10 list here.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess I'd have to actually crunch out the numbers, but it's just hard to believe with the number of WR's we've put in the NFL since 2000 that we didn't crack the top 10 list here.

See my edited post. One player can skew the the numbers.

When is the list bashing going to stop? My goodness, we haven't done crap in nearly a decade and some people think we deserve to be on everyone's "best of" list.

WR is about the only I think we're still worthy of, unless they have a 'most atrocious defense ever' list going, in which 2012 takes the cake.

Reactions: 3 people
Pitt at 3? That told me enough. Bryant and Fitz were great, but since 2000 UT has had Cedrick Wilson, Donte Stallworth, Kelley Washington, Robert Meachem, Denarius Moore, Justin Hunter, and Cordarrelle Patterson. I would even include Witten considering that during his time here we primarily used Finlayson to block and often split Witten out into a trip set or in the slot to create mismatches.

How is it BS? Here's their criteria:

College football award winners:
10 points

Consensus All-Americans:
Eight points

Eight points

Four points

Two points

One thing that skews the numbers is that a single player can rack up serious points if they won an award, was all-american, all-conference, and a top draft pick. That's 32 points, right there.

It's BS because UT is the only school that matters, and we are superior in every way because we are UT. Didn't you know that??

Reactions: 4 people
As for what the news sites think of Tennessee...

who-cares-about-153.gif

6a0120a95a88d5970b01a5119b5e0c970c-800wi

tumblr_ma77fdmdxz1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

VN Store

Back