Utah State WR

RiseToTheTop

Just wanted to give you guys an update on of our opponents and their recent happenings.

USU WR Bruce "JoJo" Natson was arrested today for a Theft Charge. Its a class A misdemeanor i believe meaning a theft for over $500 but less than $1500. So a Class B petty theft in Utah is for less than $500 apparently if you want to be a little more detailed about the laws there. So apparently his charge is a little more serious. Not sure if this will mean anything for the first game although there's probably a decent chance it will. He is their leading returning WR with 59 Catches. He is a tiny slot guy and most of his catches took place near the LOS. He is also their Punt Returner. May not mean anything but then again it might just giving you guys a heads up. Natson is also a former HS teammate and good friend of former Vol Daniel Gray

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
That's not good. A little off topic....

But think about if this kid played for UT this year. With the talent we've stockpiled the last couple of years this kid would never see the field. Now imagine the advantage that will give our DBs facing our WRs and then Utah St loses their top WR.

Excited to see these kids in a couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
The Chuckie Keeton that shows up will be the deciding factor on if we blow them out, they keep it close (ie Troy '12 or USA '13) or if they end up beating us. Not knowing which version is playing until game time is the worse position to be in as an opposing coach imo.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
The Chuckie Keeton that shows up will be the deciding factor on if we blow them out, they keep it close (ie Troy '12 or UAB '13) or if they end up beating us. Not knowing which version is playing until game time is the worse position to be in as an opposing coach imo.

That Troy game had me in knots man! Didn't they have over 700 yards in total offense against us?

Do they honestly have the horses to keep up?

Maybe the past two yrs. Right now I doubt it. The most question marks in CFB. They lost the most starters in FBS. Chuckie and the starting RB are coming off ACL/MCL surgery. We have seen our players deal with that. No telling how that'll be. I'd guess that's quite a mental hurdle as well to come back from and be expected to perform good from the first snap. When we play He will more than likely not even taken a real hit since October of 2013. Won't help to possibly lose another to suspension or something either.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give you guys an update on of our opponents and their recent happenings.

USU WR Bruce "JoJo" Natson was arrested today for a Theft Charge. Its a class A misdemeanor i believe meaning a theft for over $500 but less than $1500. So a Class B petty theft in Utah is for less than $500 apparently if you want to be a little more detailed about the laws there. So apparently his charge is a little more serious. Not sure if this will mean anything for the first game although there's probably a decent chance it will. He is their leading returning WR with 59 Catches. He is a tiny slot guy and most of his catches took place near the LOS. He is also their Punt Returner. May not mean anything but then again it might just giving you guys a heads up. Natson is also a former HS teammate and good friend of former Vol Daniel Gray

This is big. Natson reminds me of Pig, but better. A team like USU, with little quality depth, can't afford to lose him.

This is big. Natson reminds me of Pig, but better. A team like USU, with little quality depth, can't afford to lose him.

I agree. Also the dollar amount on his charge sounds the same as what we heard when Cam Clear got in trouble.

That Troy game had me in knots man! Didn't they have over 700 yards in total offense against us?

Yeah it was over 700, and they had like 3 or so more than we did. Problem when we play teams our D isn't use to playing, and difficult to prepare for. It's how programs like that are causing headaches for the bigger programs. It was a shoot out, and D was just out there cause it's suppose to be. If these type of "wirey" teams aren't nipped in the bud early in the game then letting them catch some traction will keep them in the game til the end. Just like USA last yr, and USU can be the same way. Just hope we luck out like we did vs USA at the end of the game if we don't squash USU early.

Funny how small the USU board is;
They have 16 posts on this subject, this post is the 14th on this board

Yeah it was over 700, and they had like 3 or so more than we did. Problem when we play teams our D isn't use to playing, and difficult to prepare for. It's how programs like that are causing headaches for the bigger programs. It was a shoot out, and D was just out there cause it's suppose to be. If these type of "wirey" teams aren't nipped in the bud early in the game then letting them catch some traction will keep them in the game til the end. Just like USA last yr, and USU can be the same way. Just hope we luck out like we did vs USA at the end of the game if we don't squash USU early.

Well said sir!

Last edited:
My hope is no Vols trolls go over there and gloat. Basically making themselves and our fanbase look like the poop of a goat-rabbit hybrid.

And I prefer to play USU at full strength so no excuses are available when it's over.

There is nothing to gloat about. USU is a better team than us assuming CK16 is a full go. We have the home field advantage, which is huge, but anybody expecting an automatic-W will be in for a surprise. Fact: USU will have the best player on the field at all times. OLB Kyler Fackrell is a freak, even by SEC measure. CK16 is a Heisman contender and this is his chance to make a statement. They are well coached and their defense is formidable. What % of our team will be making their debut in this game, 40? Including all the true freshman, who, while extremely talented, are facing guys 3-4 years older than them who have developed in the same system their entire time. This team is comparable to the 2013 UCF and NIU teams, neither of which we were better than. This is a formidable opponent and by no means an auto-W, no matter how you spin it. I expect to win, but losing this game is no disappointment and certainly no shame.

Edit: some good links to Chuckie Keeton's game film:
Vs. Utah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNBFvLCll8
Vs. Toledo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLr5wx6plSM
Vs. Air Force:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS1ghemdKe8
Vs. La Tech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbw3WsTvcr4

Last edited:
There is nothing to gloat about. USU is a better team than us assuming CK16 is a full go. We have the home field advantage, which is huge, but anybody expecting an automatic-W will be in for a surprise. Fact: USU will have the best player on the field at all times. OLB Kyler Fackrell is a freak, even by SEC measure. CK16 is a Heisman contender and this is his chance to make a statement. They are well coached and their defense is formidable. What % of our team will be making their debut in this game, 40? Including all the true freshman, who, while extremely talented, are facing guys 3-4 years older than them who have developed in the same system their entire time. This team is comparable to the 2013 UCF and NIU teams, neither of which we were better than. This is a formidable opponent and by no means an auto-W, no matter how you spin it. I expect to win, but losing this game is no disappointment and certainly no shame.

I don't expect USU to be a walkover. I believe they will give us fits and then some. But then, after the mid to late third quarter, Tennessee Pride will start to manifest itself in earnest. Not the sausage but the orange hearts of the O&W clad players. Then the distant grumble of thunder will become a ground shaking rumble. The orange storm will arrive. Thunder shakes the ground, lightning sets the sky afire. Lane Hurd Pearson is up North and all Malone. A Young Wolf with a Pig at the Helm will leave no Croom for the Aggies who will gag. I'll tell you a truth. When lightning strikes, thunder follows.
storm-lightning_00404077.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
I don't expect USU to be a walkover. I believe they will give us fits and then some. But then, after the mid to late third quarter, Tennessee Pride will start to manifest itself in earnest. Not the sausage but the orange hearts of the O&W clad players. Then the distant grumble of thunder will become a ground shaking rumble. The orange storm will arrive. Thunder shakes the ground, lightning sets the sky afire. Lane Hurd Pearson is up North and all Malone. A Young Wolf with a Pig at the Helm will leave no Croom for the Aggies who will gag. I'll tell you a truth. When lightning strikes, thunder follows.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LOL I have no idea what this means. But by all means, continue to follow your literary delusions rather than face the facts of what we're up against.

Reactions: 3 people

Edit: some good links to Chuckie Keeton's game film:
Vs. Utah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNBFvLCll8
Vs. Toledo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLr5wx6plSM
Vs. Air Force:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS1ghemdKe8
Vs. La Tech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbw3WsTvcr4

The head coach is in his second season so they just learned a new system too.

VN Store

Back