Ticket Availability for Utah State Game Day

SeniorDrill

Could some of you who have the experience tell me if I would have any trouble getting a ticket to the Utah State game if I just drove down from Bristol on game day? Since it's on a Sunday night, would that improve the availability? And do you think the price would be reasonable if you were willing to sit anywhere? Thanks in advance!

It would appear you have internet access. I would suggest checking availability before you drove down. Sure there may be scalpers with tickets in hand. But my opinion is those guys usually try and get to high of a price for poor seats.

0x0x0 trouble purchasing cheap cheap cheap tickets day of game outside of stadium.
Could you elaborate a little more? You are saying it is quite easy to get cheap tickets outside of stadium on game day. I remember selling one once and the guy who sat next to me said he paid less than I sold it for. I am just thinking of driving down by myself. The cheapest I can find online is about $40 for an upper deck seat which includes a service charge. I am thinking I may be able to get lower level for less than that outside the stadium. Thanks for all input, guys!

Could you elaborate a little more? You are saying it is quite easy to get cheap tickets outside of stadium on game day. I remember selling one once and the guy who sat next to me said he paid less than I sold it for. I am just thinking of driving down by myself. The cheapest I can find online is about $40 for an upper deck seat which includes a service charge. I am thinking I may be able to get lower level for less than that outside the stadium. Thanks for all input, guys!

You will have zero trouble finding reasonably priced tickets. The game being on a Sunday night just gives you more time and by the time the game rolls around the tickets will be cheap.

There will be plenty available. If you wait till closer to game time and buy off a scalper you could probably get them dirt cheap

There will be plenty of tickets available on the strip .
The closer kick off gets the cheaper the tickets will get.
Come on down....get a ticket and enjoy a Vol Win!:clapping::rock::pepper::yahoo::rock2:

Could some of you who have the experience tell me if I would have any trouble getting a ticket to the Utah State game if I just drove down from Bristol on game day? Since it's on a Sunday night, would that improve the availability? And do you think the price would be reasonable if you were willing to sit anywhere? Thanks in advance!

If I were you, and I ain't, I'd steer clear of scalpers. You just never know what you're getting with them. I would seriously advise you to go to online ticket sites haunting them each 1-2 weeks. From my experience, someone seems to always be giving up their tickets for a cheap price. Example: Stubhub, last year I got tickets in the lower corner of Z13 for the WKU game for $30 each. Then the lower Y6 for $41 each for the USCe game. But you have to be willing to haunt the sites periodically. I've seen tickets go down in price. Then come back a few hours later and the price of the same tickets price jumped significantly. Or they get snapped up FAST by bargain hunters who take bargain hunting VERY SERIOUSLY.
More work but I'd trust this method over scalpers. Plus you know what your seat will be before plunking down your money.

Last edited:
There will be plenty of tickets available on the strip .
The closer kick off gets the cheaper the tickets will get.
Come on down....get a ticket and enjoy a Vol Win!:clapping::rock::pepper::yahoo::rock2:
What is considered the strip? I know that the scalpers have to stay away from the stadium itself.

If I were you, and I ain't, I'd steer clear of scalpers. You just never know what you're getting with them. I would seriously advise you to go to online ticket sites haunting them each 1-2 weeks. From my experience, someone seems to always be giving up their tickets for a cheap price. Example: Stubhub, last year I got tickets in the lower corner of Z13 for the WKU game for $30 each. Then the lower Y6 for $41 each for the USCe game. But you have to be willing to haunt the sites periodically. I've seen tickets go down in price. Then come back a few hours later and the price of the same tickets price jumped significantly. Or they get snapped up FAST by bargain hunters who take bargain hunting VERY SERIOUSLY.
More work but I'd trust this method over scalpers. Plus you know what your seat will be before plunking down your money.
Yeah, I got tickets online to the Western Kentucky game last year in the upper deck for $8 each from a major website. That was several weeks in advance. One of my buddies decided to go with us and paid $55 for one ticket in the same section after service charges the week of the game.

What is considered the strip? I know that the scalpers have to stay away from the stadium itself.

Not true. I see people selling all the time and the police never interfere. You'll do better waiting until less than 30 min before kickoff and find someone who is wanting to unload their tickets before they go in to the stadium.

Scalpers can't sell tkts in front of the stadium. They must be at least across the street. Cumberland & Phillip Fulmer Way (used to be Stadium Dr) are 2 good places to buy & sell. Also near TBA is a good area. You should be able to get a single before the game for a decent price. If it's not a sell out, it'll be close...

ticket office will have tickets on sale July 1 if you want to just go through them.

Already secured mine, upper part of the lower bowl, near the 20-30 yard line on the Tennessee side, can't wait :D Would you all think that with the hype surrounding this team, the renewed excitement, and the fact that this is a big holiday weekend, we'll break 100k attendance?

There's nothing wrong with buying tickets from scalpers for these small games. I would always be more suspect about the big games. In all the years I bought tickets from one we never had one bit of trouble. But as was said previously, the closer you can wait till kick off the cheaper they will be.

You will have ZERO problem getting tickets. Unfortunately, there will be plenty available.

Already secured mine, upper part of the lower bowl, near the 20-30 yard line on the Tennessee side, can't wait :D Would you all think that with the hype surrounding this team, the renewed excitement, and the fact that this is a big holiday weekend, we'll break 100k attendance?

i mean we had 98k at the austin peay game so im thinking we get to 100k for sure. with all the hype about some of the new talent, boomsday weekend, and being really the only game that day i think it will be a great atmosphere. gonna be humid as hell but i cant wait! everybody will be ready for some football and its the opener.

i mean we had 98k at the austin peay game so im thinking we get to 100k for sure. with all the hype about some of the new talent, boomsday weekend, and being really the only game that day i think it will be a great atmosphere. gonna be humid as hell but i cant wait! everybody will be ready for some football and its the opener.

I'm sure we will, I can't wait. I've already mentioned this, but it can't be overstated enough, I'm bringing (also converting) my girlfriend and her brother (children of a Georgia family) and her brother's girlfriend (daughter of an Alabama family). I shall spreadeth the word of Orange, blessed be thy color.

Tickets for games against lesser opponents are usually very reasonable outside the stadium. There is an exception - the first home game. Too many are starved for any football and they are curious about the new team.

I've never had a problem buying them off the street. Most guys selling the tickets have a stadium map as well so you can see what you're buying. The only hangup is price. I usually try negotiating, pitting one against the other; they're usually gathered on or around the same street corners.

Like everyone else has mentioned, if you wait closer to game time, you can get them on the cheap. A lot of people get rid of their extras right in front of the gate for a pretty reasonable price

Keep in mind it's the first game. Going to be more people there than most in this thread are thinking. You should be able to scalp some tickets, but they might not be as cheap as other lesser opponent games.

Don't know what cheap means in Knoxville now, but 40 for one in hand isn't outrageous,plus it's like a hundred miles so I'd just come without one.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back