SEC Network- How Long You Gonna Wait?

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I see that our first 2 games are going to be on the SEC network. I have Charter and I've called them to ask about the SEC network only to be told "what's that".

I realize that most of the providers are going to wait until the last minute to announce they are going to carry the station, so my question is how long do you give these azzholes before you pull the plug and switch?

I can get U-Verse and Dish where I live so I have options.

I think I'll give Charter until the last day of July before I make a decision to switch.

Reactions: 4 people
Most likely, they will not announce until the very last minute. The negotiations are still on going and they will all eventually sign on imo. however, i wont be surprised if we have to pay extra for it, like hbo.

Also charter customer service is absolutely pitiful. I hate having to call them but like having tv during thunderstorms

Direct TV lady at Sams Club said they would be announcing it this summer.

Think about it, Direct TV would lose $ on that deal before losing subscribers. I'm holding out a little longer.

Reactions: 2 people
I see that our first 2 games are going to be on the SEC network. I have Charter and I've called them to ask about the SEC network only to be told "what's that".
I realize that most of the providers are going to wait until the last minute to announce they are going to carry the station, so my question is how long do you give these azzholes before you pull the plug and switch?

I can get U-Verse and Dish where I live so I have options.

I think I'll give Charter until the last day of July before I make a decision to switch.

Sounds like "Unchartered Waters!" Better call in the VOL Navy for backup!

Reactions: 1 person
I have Compost/Xfinity and they haven't announced anything yet, but I know they are negotiating behind closed doors...It's a classic money vs term vs channel location squabble.

I already have the expanded sports package on Comcast because we had to have the tennis channel. Hope I don't get gagged again.

Think about it, Direct TV would lose $ on that deal before losing subscribers. I'm holding out a little longer.

Well if ATT goes ahead with their plan to buy Direct TV, then they will def have it because ATT carries the SEC channel.

Reactions: 5 people
I have Verizon FiOS and I have serious doubts as to whether I will be getting the SEC network. I'll probably just end up streaming the games online.

I don't know about any of my other FL neighbors,, but I am getting a tremendous amount of advertising from Direct, Dish and Verizon FIOS. Sign ups with free i-pad, tablets and up to $400 Visa gift card.... Some kind of heavy competition going on in my area.

AT&T has already reached a deal to carry the sec network so if they go through with buying directv then subscribers will get the sec network for a price of course but it'll be worth it. GBO!!!!

I've got Charter too & I feel like they will add the SEC channel. IF not they are MORONS & I sure as heck don't like paying more money just to watch football. The SEC channel should be just another channel like TNT or TBS or Fox Sports 1.

AT&T is buying DIRECTV for about $50 Billion. I believe DIRECTV will carry the SEC Network but I made the change to ATT U-verse anyway. Love it more than DIRECTV.

I'm going to the first two games, so I'm not too worried about it yet. If Comcast doesn't have it by September then I'll probably get a little worried.

DISH is going to pick up a lot of new business. I told Direct TV if they don't announce something by the end of July I'm switching to DISH

CSS is done, a casualty of the new network.

Is in the last few days or happening soon? Could have sworn CSS is still showing up on my BTES in the tricities. Think some of the SEC baseball tourney and skimmed through and saw "Talkin Football" listed just a few days ago. Maybe a week at most, haven't watched TV much last several days

Keep dreaming if you think AT&Ts purchase of DirecTV will have any bearing on whether or not Direct will carry the SEC Network.

That won't be finalized for months.

Direct will have negotiated to carry the network well before any purchase/merger goes through.

VN Store

Back