For those afraid to win

Nationdom

A lot of people around here say that these kids might have been top recruits, but they are still freshman who will not have significant impacts...they are dead wrong. Kelly will have an all American type impact this fall along with Bates and a few others. These kids have Tennessee blood lines dating back decades and they will not accept these blowout losses to our rivals anymore. You think the Berrys are going to let bama and FL walk all over them? You're out of your freaking mind if you believe that. Programs can turn the corner very fast when you have the kind of players we do in this class. They will set records and return Neyland to the greatest Venue in the sport. I expect to upset either Alabama or OU this year and handle the gators. A new age is upon us. Victory is in sight. I have a feeling in me that I haven't felt in 8 or 9 years, it's a feeling of immortality. How many have this feeling?

Reactions: 48 people
While I hate to be "that guy", there is a learning curve in everything in life. I do believe we have some ridiculous talent coming in, but it is irrelevant who their daddy is and we are not going from a five win season to a ten win season overnight. Pump your breaks, sustained improvement is what we need, not flash in a pan. I do like your enthusiasm though. :good!:

Reactions: 14 people
Still Men vs. Boys with so many true Freshman potentially on the field... Especially on the OL and DL. J James who was a 1st rounder this year struggled and got whipped a lot his FR year at RT. Just trying to be realistic. Excited yes, concerned yes

Reactions: 1 person
Who exactly is "afraid to win"? It's not a matter of whether or not our players are afraid to win....it's if they're ready to win.

Reactions: 6 people
IMO the QB play will decide whether we win 8 games or just 4 games.

The play of the defense will decide it. Smart people are expecting our defense to leak like a siv (al la Sal Sunseri).

We have some young legit talent on offense, but can they outscore our own defense is the real question.

We wont win in Oklahoma with such young kids. It just isnt going to happen no matter how much random fans hype it up.

It would take a bungle of epic proportions to beat Bama, even in Knoxville, until the tide turns significantly (no pun intended).

We have the best chance of beating Florida. If we dont show big against Florida I think we are headed for 6-6 or 5-7.

Wet blanket alert...

Even though we have a tremendous class coming in, I'd still be inclined to take an equally talented upper classman with mediocre 'heart' over a true freshman with all the heart in the world.

There is something to be said about experience and 2-3 years in a college strength program.

Still Men vs. Boys with so many true Freshman potentially on the field... Especially on the OL and DL. J James who was a 1st rounder this year struggled and got whipped a lot his FR year at RT. Just trying to be realistic. Excited yes, concerned yes

Nice post Bio. :good!:

So how can I be "afraid to win" if all I do is watch the game from the comfort of my living room or in the stands? That makes absolutely no sense.

I hope that you are right, but I wouldn't bet on it. There will be a steep learning curve. Look at it this way. If someone was willing to bet you $100k that UT would not win more than 7 games in the regular season would you feel confident in taking that bet? I sure as heck wouldn't, but that's just me.

Reactions: 2 people
Who exactly is "afraid to win"? It's not a matter of whether or not our players are afraid to win....it's if they're ready to win.

afraid to win is different from capable of winning. Even young exceptional talent needs time to season in the SEC, especially to handle road games.

some people put Ole Miss and USCe as "games we will probably win". I say that those are games we will probably lose just based simply on the fact that our offense is so young and unproven on the level of the SEC and that any SEC team is touch to beat on their field with the exception of Kentucy and Vandy (and in recent years Tennessee).

They are ready to win and win BIG. You will see some collisions in the Florida and Bama games this year that mirror some of EB and Wilson hits. You will see these kids on the brink of taunting penalties but right when they are about to go overboard, they will STOP, play the next down and do it AGAIN.

I think there are 7 legitimate winnable games on the schedule.

Unfortunately, they include the last 3 games of the season. Will the team have anything in the tank should they stumble big early in the year? If they hold their own, I can see a 7-5 season.

So how can I be "afraid to win" if all I do is watch the game from the comfort of my living room or in the stands? That makes absolutely no sense.

I hope that you are right, but I wouldn't bet on it. There will be a steep learning curve. Look at it this way. If someone was willing to bet you $100k that UT would not win more than 7 games in the regular season would you feel confident in taking that bet? I sure as heck wouldn't, but that's just me.

It's alright man ill help you conquer that fear. The legacies will reinforce this with victories in the most hostile of venues.

This is a load.

Players will win because they and their team are good enough to win not because they have big orange blood flowing in their veins.

Eric berry wasn't exactly a part of teams that had great success

Reactions: 6 people
This is a load.

Players will win because they and their team are good enough to win not because they have big orange blood flowing in their veins.

Eric berry wasn't exactly a part of teams that had great success

You mad a new streak starts this year? Have you thought about what the hell you're going to do about Bates, Kelly, Berrys and company. Man, feels good, this feeling i have.

Summer brings hope. Fall brings despair. It's going to be a roller coaster ride. Need some luck and balls to bounce our way this year. Game of inches.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back