Call me Old Fasioned

Nocleats

Call me old fashioned, but I would love to see the NCAA and the SEC in particular, crack down on trash talking. Do your talking between the snap and the whistle with your pads. Otherwise shut up the blabber.:banghead2:

Reactions: 10 people
Call me old fashioned, but I would love to see the NCAA and the SEC in particular, crack down on trash talking. Do your talking between the snap and the whistle with your pads. Otherwise shut up the blabber.:banghead2:

You are old fashioned.

Reactions: 32 people
Crack down on trash talk and we get another stupid rule like the celebration penalty.

Reactions: 22 people
Will. Never. Happen.

And it'd be near impossible to enforce IMO

Won't happen. It's just another sign of the degradation of our society. Sportsmanship and civility are out and trash talking and rudeness are in.

Reactions: 10 people
It's comical to pretend that trash talk just became prevalent. It was the same way 20 years ago.

Reactions: 8 people
Don-Draper-Old-Fashioned.png

Reactions: 2 people
You guys all have your sarcasm detectors turned off...clearly.
Nobody would post this in all seriousness. No real football fan would truly want to see more power given to the officials, especially for such an arbitrary thing.
Sheesh!

Reactions: 1 person
You guys all have your sarcasm detectors turned off...clearly.
Nobody would post this in all seriousness. No real football fan would truly want to see more power given to the officials, especially for such an arbitrary thing.
Sheesh!

It's happening in the NFL with the N-word rule. Only a matter of time before more happens

Consistent enforcement of the celebration stuff needs to happen before this is even discussed.

Speaking of talking trash. I watchd 30 for 30- the U. They skipped the a$$ whipping we gave them in the Sugar Bowl. I would love to have heard some of that trash talking! Go Vols!!!

Won't happen. It's just another sign of the degradation of our society. Sportsmanship and civility are out and trash talking and rudeness are in.

Sadly, this is true. Too true. However, the suggestion isn't without merit. If sports groups refuse to tolerate it, there may some effect for change in society. Just maybe, cause when hit on the head hard enough, people can learn. Da'Rick had this thing of standing over an opponent after he made a play and running his mouth. This actually cost us a penalty in one game if memory serves. Well, the Buffalo Bills told him that stuff wasn't welcome there. Mr. Hardhead did it again at practice and they kicked his butt to the curb. I'm unsure if he still does it as I never watch the Colts. But if every college team, every pro team, every high school team, every middle school team, or any team did this, it could stop. It might modify the players conduct off the field as well and those around them. But you know, even I have to admit that's a pipe dream. Humans just don't have that much sense so as someone said earlier, it'll never happen.

"Yes Sir, you are old Fashioned and...I Dam Thee!"

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture4945-th.jpeg

JK Don't Taze me. :)

VN Store

Back