Spurrier takes another shot at vols

No big deal. However, I would break his hip if I ever see his old ass though. Never liked him much. Or his ****ing jokes. Or Florida. And now South Carolina.

Reactions: 13 people
Spurrier grew up a fan and would've been a Vol had he fit the system. His knock represents USC's interests (they have an OOC rival in Clemson and schedule wise the permanent rivalries do nothing for them). He's also logically correct that the TSIO doesn't do anything for us right now (we hang onto it because of our fandom and the history - we know the series will turn but it's not like playing Bama helps UT right now).

He's also no worse than any other negavol or much of our fanbase (can't tell you how many jokes about UT not being able to be x high school I've heard from Tennessee fans in real life) - his favorite target is UT and I doubt that will change because he grew up a fan and truth be told still has a soft spot for us despite being 'the enemy.'

You can take the boy outta the hills but you can't take the hillbilly out of the boy. Personally, I find him funny and never mean-spirited with his jabs (he's always been as hard on his own teams).

Reactions: 18 people
Now he's like one numerous losers that lives his dreams out through programs other than his own.

"Oooh we didn't beat Tenneseee! If Alabama sticks it to them, then I win!"

Uh, no.

Reactions: 4 people
Nah, he's just speaking the truth. Let's face it, in the last 6 years no one in college football would ask to play Alabama on a yearly basis.

I know its a rivalry, but I would be cool with taking a break and playing some other teams in the SECW

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah, but if he was getting attacked by a flamingo I wouldn't try to save his ass.

Given that he is still coaching for the enemy and the fact that it would be one of the most hilarious moments anyone has ever seen, I'd hope that you and everyone else would refuse to intervene and instead record it. :)

Would pay serious money to see Spurrier vs. a feisty flamingo.

Reactions: 2 people
This whole notion that we will never compete with bama makes me irate. Bama didn't drop the rivalary when the roles were reversed. I pray we don't lose this just for the fact that we will make all these clowns look like fools when the pendalim swings back. History repeats itself.

Reactions: 9 people
Given that he is still coaching for the enemy and the fact that it would be one of the most hilarious moments anyone has ever seen, I'd hope that you and everyone else would refuse to intervene and instead record it. :)

Would pay serious money to see Spurrier vs. a feisty flamingo.

My money is on the flamingo.

This whole notion that we will never compete with bama makes me irate. Bama didn't drop the rivalary when the roles were reversed. I pray we don't lose this just for the fact that we will make all these clowns look like fools when the pendalim swings back. History repeats itself.

Oh we'll compete, Spurrier is just serving USC's interests. The debate on the number of games, permanent rivals, and so on is happening right now. USC plays an OOC in Clemson and it's in their interest as well as a few other school's to dissolve the permanent rivalries although Spurrier has proposed we play Bama as an OOC opponent that wouldn't effect SEC standing instead thus preserving our rivalry as well as the UGA-Auburn rivalry. You have to remember USC is an expansion team and doesn't have a real rival. Arky begged out of the perma-rivalry they've had since both teams were added.

My money is on the flamingo.

If they're anything like ostriches they're likely badazzes in disguise. Spurrier's moobs and propensity to run around shirtless and shoeless could be his downfall against an angry flamingo, imo.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what i'd tell him. Spurrier remember this 23 -21.

1020_KCSP_UTSC_2696_AL_t607.JPG

Reactions: 11 people

:lolabove:

Reactions: 3 people
This is all he said !!!

Steve Spurrier on SEC permanent rivals: “Alabama and Tennessee like each other. I don’t know why Tennessee would keep liking them though.”

Is there anyone on here who has one shred of disagreement? No. They have stomped a mudhole in us every single year since CNS except one where we had a longshot at the end. Why on earth would anyone get mad at this? It's a seven game win streak. And not even remotely competitive at that.

Nothing to see here, but the usual media stirring of the pot for hits. Gosh. And of course it works as usual.

This is all he said !!!

Steve Spurrier on SEC permanent rivals: “Alabama and Tennessee like each other. I don’t know why Tennessee would keep liking them though.”

Is there anyone on here who has one shred of disagreement? No. They have stomped a mudhole in us every single year since CNS except one where we had a longshot at the end. Why on earth would anyone get mad at this? It's a seven game win streak. And not even remotely competitive at that.

Nothing to see here, but the usual media stirring of the pot for hits. Gosh. And of course it works as usual.

It takes very little for this place to get their panties in a wad.

VN Store

Back