Interesting Wager: Thoughts?

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
So, my business partner and I have a surf and turf bet on whether the football or basketball team will finish with a better regular season SEC record this year. I have hoops. Would love to lose.

the record would be based on win percentage.

But still, more games makes it easier on the percentages. 1 loss in football is 12.5%, 1 loss in bball is 5.5%.

U got the better deal for sure, especially with sec bball being a lot weaker than football. Enjoy your surf and turf

But still, more games makes it easier on the percentages. 1 loss in football is 12.5%, 1 loss in bball is 5.5%.

U got the better deal for sure, especially with sec bball being a lot weaker than football. Enjoy your surf and turf

...What?

One win is also 12.5% in football.

Number of games doesn't matter...

So, my business partner and I have a surf and turf bet on whether the football or basketball team will finish with a better regular season SEC record this year. I have hoops. Would love to lose.

I don't think you're gonna lose.

...What?

One win is also 12.5% in football.

Number of games doesn't matter...

Ok, my point still stands, sec bball is weaker than football. And trust me, we will have more losses than wins in one of the two, if not both., and I'm not a negavol. Realist maybe... We can hav more losses in bball and doc stills wins. Number of games matters significantly

And Doc, I promise u, my math skills are on point. Degree in atmospheric physics can argue that.

Last edited:
Ok, my point still stands, sec bball is weaker than football. And trust me, we will have more losses than wins in one of the two, if not both., and I'm not a negavol. Realist maybe... We can hav more losses in bball and doc stills wins. Number of games matters significantly

And Doc, I promise u, my math skills are on point. Degree in atmospheric physics can argue that.

But still haven't found that Malaysian Plane yet? degree shaamee...

Basketball, but like you, hope I'm wrong

atmospheric physics

If that means you are a meteorologist, you just lost all credibility.

Just messing with you. I think I get your point... More room for error (losses) in hoops and still be able to get to .500. If the football team tanks a game or two that we should win, then it's over.

Reactions: 1 person
I refuse to count a loss before it happens.. Football team is undefeated in 2014, The Basketball team is not. They have lost numerous games in 2014.

VN Store

Back