Vols vs. Virgina Tech, Sept 2016

TennFan

Was at Bristol Motor Speedeway this past Saturday, April 19th, and got to see the inside of the track for the first time. Took quite a few pictures!:thumbsup: Saw how the feld is laid out and that the infield scoreboard will come down of course, but won't go back up. This place can seat over 160,000!:good!:but only 150,000 seats will be available. Just hope that between VPI fans and Vol fans we can break the existing record for an NCAA college game which is over 117,000, I believe at Michigan. Hopng for 125,000-130,000. Ticket prices range from $40 to $140. The $40 tickets are in the Darrell Waltrip area, $80 in the Alan Kulwicki Terrace, $100 in the upper Pearson Terrace and part of the Dale Earnhardt Terrace, $120 in part of the Dale Earnhardt Terrace, Allison Terrace and David Pearson area and Richard Petty area, $140 in The Allisons, Junior Johnson and Yarborough Terrace. Tickets for BMS customers (non-tickets holders) and the general public will be released as it becomes available. BMS ticket holders and Vol & VPI tickets holders will get first shot plus each school will get an allotment. For Tennessee tickets contact 800-332-8651.
I'd sure like to go. Would have to talk the wife into coming along even though she might not want to come to the game. Elzabethton is my home town and was just up that way for 3 days due to my aunt not being in good health. My sister/brother-in-law live in Elizabethton plus have frinds in Jonesborough we could probably stay with.
It's about an 11-11.5 hour drive to Bristol from central Florida. Would probably make a 4-5 day trip out of it. The game is on a Sunday evening and not Saturday as previously scheduled.

If you want to stay connected visit www.BattleatBristol.com and register to be a Battle at Bristol insider.

GO VOLS!:good!::salute::clapping::dance2:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
very good info...1st time I've seen ticket prices posted for the different sections...thanks

I'm gonna just set in stands till they run us out it will take forever to get out lol.

160k drunk rednecks. That means at least 100 fights, right?

there has to be some sort of pre-game entertainment...
I mean we are going to be at the worlds largest football game...maybe they will put them all up on the Jumbotron...

Just curious OP. Do you think the views will be good from most of the seats?

Just curious OP. Do you think the views will be good from most of the seats?

Of players resembling ants running around? Yes, that view will be great. Think the Final 4 in the Jerry Dome from 2 weeks ago in the upper deck. Those fans simply watched the monitor.

Of players resembling ants running around? Yes, that view will be great. Think the Final 4 in the Jerry Dome from 2 weeks ago in the upper deck. Those fans simply watched the monitor.

Kind of what I was thinking.

During a race, there isn't a bad seat in the house. As for traffic, I've never had a problem leaving afterwards due to the police directing traffic and being used to crowds. I'm looking forward to it.

Looking forward to the game. Good heads up on the tickets. My uncle lives right across the parkway from the track, so it will be walking distance.

160k drunk rednecks. That means at least 100 fights, right?

In my younger years I ushered the races at BIR and BMS (Good way o see the race for free). 100 figths is a really low estimate. Though most happen in the campground not the track.

VN Store

Back