ESPN: Saban hosts Manning (and Bronco Coaches)

Greatest player meets greatest coach. Why not? Peyton's too classy to turn anyone down, especially with the broncos coaches doing it.

Reactions: 1 person
Can only be a good thing, the more college players that try and emulate Peyton on and off the field is a good thing. That being said I still wouldn't mind a follow up article that tells how Peyton told the Tide to "Go to hell".:)

He only agreed in order to deliver the old message from Coach Fulmer...."We don't give a "dang" about the whole state of Alabama."

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure it was peyton who said something along the lines of "if the boss says do it, do it" whenever calling CBJ trying to sell him on Colorado.

Greatest Coach? Are you kidding? General Neyland and Bryant are both above Sabear!!!

...are you kidding me? Saban is the modern day Bear Bryant. There's also a lot more competition and other factors involved that make it more difficult than back in the day.

...are you kidding me? Saban is the modern day Bear Bryant. There's also a lot more competition and other factors involved that make it more difficult than back in the day.

I disagree, saban has more talent then 3/4 of the teams they play. A lot more, he really only has 2-3 hard games a season.

Reactions: 5 people
"After all the experience and knowledge that he has, he's going out to try and seek more knowledge and understudying of the game of football so he can play better."

To be honest with you," Saban said, "[Manning] was just trying to learn so he could be a better player."

What makes saban think he's a qb guru?

Buck fama.

Reactions: 4 people
I disagree, saban has more talent then 3/4 of the teams they play. A lot more, he really only has 2-3 hard games a season.

He has that talent due to his coaching and his excellent recruiting. I know people here won't want to admit it, but he is probably the best college HC of all time.

He has that talent due to his coaching and his excellent recruiting. I know people here won't want to admit it, but he is probably the best college HC of all time.

Best of all-time is a really tough, totally subjective claim. Saban's on the all-time Mt Rushmore. If he wins another title or two? The greatest claim is probably inarguable.

Best of all-time is a really tough, totally subjective claim. Saban's on the all-time Mt Rushmore. If he wins another title or two? The greatest claim is probably inarguable.

It's just amazing that he has been able to do what he has done in arguably the age with the greatest parity ever in college football.

VN Store

Back