Our football program

VFL34

There are issues that many of you realize that has affected the sports programs. It's not the AD. It's way bigger then him, Internal things. I say that to say this. There is only one way to get our football program back and that is by having a great football coach that is competitive that see'a a bigger picture rather then the people that brought it down. Coach butch is that coach. I promise you our program will resurface to becoming a program that is feared like it never hasbeen. This man has all the factors and qualities you can ask for. Exceptionally brilliant. He will get it done. Just be patient*......

Last edited:
Reactions: 41 people
There are issues that many of you realize that has affected the sports programs. It's not the AD. It's way bigger then him, Internal things. I say that to say this. There is only one way to get our football program back and that is by having a great football coach that is competitive that see'a a bigger picture rather then the people that brought it down. Coach butch is that coach. I promise you our program will resurface to becoming a program that is feared like it never hasbeen. This man has all the factors and qualities you can ask for. Exceptionally brilliant. He will get it done. Just be patient.

fyp

Reactions: 2 people
images

Reactions: 5 people
There are issues that many of you realize that has affected the sports programs. It's not the AD. It's way bigger then him, Internal things. I say that to say this. There is only one way to get our football program back and that is by having a great football coach that is competitive that see'a a bigger picture rather then the people that brought it down. Coach butch is that coach. I promise you our program will resurface to becoming a program that is feared like it never hasbeen. This man has all the factors and qualities you can ask for. Exceptionally brilliant. He will get it done. Just be ready.
I was ready to bash you before I read your op. Butch is the real deal, gets the fan base excited and recruits like hell. What isn't there to like? He has done by embracing the job what Martin should have done.

Reactions: 3 people
There are issues that many of you realize that has affected the sports programs. It's not the AD. It's way bigger then him, Internal things. I say that to say this. There is only one way to get our football program back and that is by having a great football coach that is competitive that see'a a bigger picture rather then the people that brought it down. Coach butch is that coach. I promise you our program will resurface to becoming a program that is feared like it never hasbeen. This man has all the factors and qualities you can ask for. Exceptionally brilliant. He will get it done. Just be patient*......

John Jancek will prove to be CBJ's Achilles heel!

I agree, TS.

Patience is just something that this fan base has not only lost, but we (inclusive) seemingly have also lost what the simple definition of it is.

Reactions: 2 people
John Jancek will prove to be CBJ's Achilles heel!
We need stability. We can't go through firing coaches yet. Our team needs consistency. So although I am not to sure bout jancek, butch did right in keeping him. Players need to see that coaches r loyal and confident in their own system.

Reactions: 9 people
We need stability. We can't go through firing coaches yet. Our team needs consistency. So although I am not to sure bout jancek, butch did right in keeping him. Players need to see that coaches r loyal and confident in their own system.

Players also need to see that they are being coached by decent coordinators which wouldnt be a description of Jancek I would use.

I agree. This year is key in so many ways... Butch has proven he can recruit by selling playing time, facilities, tradition and that has worked. These kids want to see improvement and Butch knows that unless he starts winning some games, he can't sustain this success recruiting. This year you will see 7-9 wins and no more blowout losses. People will say " o 6-6 ya, what a miracle, overachieved" but that is the mentality of a loser with low expectations. There is talent on the roster to win more then 6 games and if Butch is the man, which I believe, then he will get it done. Also remember the LEGACIES.

Reactions: 1 person

What is this "patient" thing you speak of?

God I hope you're right. We need 9-10 wins like the desert needs rain. I remember thinking our season was a bust if we didn't win the SEC, makes me sick that I used to complain about 9-10 wins instead of 11-12.

Reactions: 1 person
thats what you were saying in the middle of UT stomping a mud hole every year in Bama's over inflated ego azz... as JG,TH,TS,JL,etc. kept rolling up yards on the ground on you...

Not at all. I was saying "this sucks." Or variations on that theme.

But 12 1/2 years have passed since the worst of it, and I'm left with only memories of that suckage.

Not at all. I was saying "this sucks." Or variations on that theme.

But 12 1/2 years have passed since the worst of it, and I'm left with only memories of that suckage.

And at some point you will return to it. Both of our teams are cyclical.

VN Store

Back