Oklahoma

fade route

Just being honest
The much respected Phil Steele just commented that he expects Oklahoma to be in the final 4 of this years innaugural playoff system, yet we have some wizards on here that think we will go to their house and pull out a victory. My goodness.

Reactions: 6 people
The much respected Phil Steele just commented that he expects Oklahoma to be in the final 4 of this years innaugural playoff system, yet we have some wizards on here that think we will go to their house and pull out a victory. My goodness.

OU is constantly picked in the preseason top 5 it seems.

That said, the Bama game was their first time of exceeding expectations that I can recall in recent history.

Reactions: 9 people
I expect us to hang 'round for the first half, keep it close, but OU to pull away with more experienced depth throughout their roster in the second half. 38-20 OU.

Reactions: 2 people
We need at least one more year of building on defense before we compete with even average teams. It was an awfully young and inexperienced team that sliced the D apart in the Spring Game.

Whew! Thanks for the one thread that provides a little sanity Fade. Before I opened it, was certain this another thread about how we were gonna curb stomp Okla like we are Bama or about how Fla, who's kicked our ass 9 years in a row, has Zero chance of even keeping it close this year.

We have a handful of over-zealous fans who truly think we're going to win, and here's Fade on his weekly tirade talking about how stupid that .2% of our fanbase is.

I can't wait for you to bring up this topic 36 more times before we actually play the game, Mr. Broken Record.

Reactions: 18 people
Blows my mind how so many people are on OU's nuts like they are some type of machine. They constantly play down to the competition and don't have that much more talent then us. Victory is within Butch's grasp, he can feel it and you can be damn sure these legacies can feel it. They want it.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, no one really has a right to expect us to beat Oklahoma. But fans do have a right to expect a real game plan and effort and not just a team that lays down like an FCS opponent after the first few series, like we did against Oregon, Alabama, and Missouri last year.

Reactions: 7 people
We have a handful of over-zealous fans who truly think we're going to win, and here's Fade on his weekly tirade talking about how stupid that .2% of our fanbase is.

I can't wait for you to bring up this topic 36 more times before we actually play the game, Mr. Broken Record.

I think you need to get off of Fades back.He has an opion just like you seem to.Got your back Fade.:thumbsup:

I don't think we will win but hope we do. If Oklahoma is a final 4 playoff team i will never cheer for the vols again i am that sure that will not be

Yeah, no one really has a right to expect us to beat Oklahoma. But fans do have a right to expect a real game plan and effort and not just a team that lays down like an FCS opponent after the first few series, like we did against Oregon, Alabama, and Missouri last year.

Agree.

We have no chance to beat Oklahoma, and a lot of our fans are not very smart. There, now it's only 35 more times.

I don't think we will go to OU and win but year in and out they underachieve. Their QB looked horrific in their spring game and the one that did play well that transferred from TT can't even play. Think too many are gonna base it off what they did to an Ala team that had no motivation for that game. I think Ala is at the playing for a NC every year mode and any other bowl game is a let down. That's happened several times to Saban Coached teams. I would bet if Ala/OU was the NC game that Ala probably beats the brakes off them. And I hate Ala with a passion and hope they lose every game.

I don't think we will go to OU and win but year in and out they underachieve. Their QB looked horrific in their spring game and the one that did play well that transferred from TT can't even play. Think too many are gonna base it off what they did to an Ala team that had no motivation for that game. I think Ala is at the playing for a NC every year mode and any other bowl game is a let down. That's happened several times to Saban Coached teams. I would bet if Ala/OU was the NC game that Ala probably beats the brakes off them. And I hate Ala with a passion and hope they lose every game.

All of this is accurate, however I don't see any reason why at the very least,we can't make that game close.

Well, I guess hope springs eternal. I really hope we pull an upset in Norman. But, realistically, I just don't expect it. Anyone talking about being upset if we lose to Oklahoma needs to wake up and observe reality. Others have listed all the reasons so I won't rehash it.

I believe if anyone can pull the upset it'll be Butch and our boys. But expecting it is just ridiculous. Folks, we are in year two of what I expect to be at least a 4-5 year ride. Let's try to keep it real.

Tennessee plays tough for one quarter, looks shakey through the second quarter but goes to halftime down by 10. Comes out at halftime with a fired up defensive stand and then the offence flounders cor the rest of the game. They pull away and win 30 to 10.

UT might be well suited to just keep it close and stay healthy going into our Bye and then a brutal stretch of:

@UGA
UF
Chatt
@Ole Miss
Bama
@USCe

We'll be doing well to get 2 wins out of that group.

All of this is accurate, however I don't see any reason why at the very least,we can't make that game close.

There's always a chance we do, especially given the dynamic and explosive guys we have at wideout and RB and the talent we now have at TE. My concern is their youth and inexperience. Hopefully the 18 coming to campus this summer helps shore up our DL and DEs and Worley has improved like it appears he has.

My other concern is the memory of Oregon last year....I know it's a different roster, in many ways a totally different team. But has Butch gotten the leadership of this team to turn the corner mentally and emotionally from last year? Lot of unknowns and most of what I remember from last year are the brutal beat downs from the best teams on our schedule. I'm hoping like hell that a great showing at OU puts those bad memories further in the rear view.

Each team has questions to be answered before we playing this fall. We do have a chance a winning. Is it a good chance? Maybe not. But that's why you play the game! Any given Saturday or Sunday. No one can definitively say how this team is going to develop and evolve over the next 5 months. That's a lot of time.

VN Store

Back