SEC Network update

I'm hoping Uverse continues to crawl through my area. Stops at the neighborhood next to us. Curious, how much does the U200 package cost?

I pay $109 for direct with 3 boxes (2HD) and the package after the one in the middle. :mad:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure ComCast, Charter & DirecTV have a clue what the backlash will be if they don't offer it! They bout to find out!!

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not sure ComCast, Charter & DirecTV have a clue what the backlash will be if they don't offer it! They bout to find out!!

Could be one of the most mismanaged and incompetent business decisons in US history if the idiot executives decline to offer it - or wait to long and watch Dish destroy Direct and Comcast and the rest of them

Last edited:
It will, without question, be available on Comcast and Directv.

They are much bigger companies than Dish and have better leverage. That is why it won't be finalized until July.

Another panic thread. It is too soon in the negotiation process.

Also, why post all your veiled cancellation threats on this board. Post them on your tv carrier board.

I am in Tucson, AZ. I feel like I will be completely left out with Comcast. I always bought the sports package and was able to see all the games. Looks like internet radio now.

Directv needs to pick up the SEC network. They pride themselves in having the best sports channels so I hope they pick it up

No way I dump Compost, they have lightning fast internet speed. Besides in Colorado we get heavy winds all the time, so the dishes don't work so well.

Directv needs to pick up the SEC network. They pride themselves in having the best sports channels so I hope they pick it up

It is all about negotiations, ISPs don't want to pay a dime more than necessary. SEC Network/any channel wants as much revenue as possible. ISPs will usually settle for long term deals that cost less.

I switched from comcast to ATT U-verse a couple months ago, due to this issue...I Have been pleased also.. getting more channels for less money.. plus SEC network

Reactions: 1 person

I got tired of Comcast and Directv playing games and holding me hostage with their high prices and losing channels.

I switched to Dish, the picture is better than Comcast, and the receivers are better than Directv. Dish is more reasonably priced too! If you don't want the NFL Sunday ticket, and you do want to be guaranteed to have the new ESPN SEC Network by the start of Football season, it's a no brainer. Dish is the way to go!

Reactions: 3 people
There is no guarantee that Comcast will add the SEC network. Waiting until July to switch to Uverse or other could prove to be a huge problem as it'll be almost impossible to get an install scheduled with the droves of people fleeing Comcast.

I've always had Dish :)

Knew this would payoff some day. :good!:

Don't fret just yet. There have been several conferences that have gone through this same thing. I watched the last episode of "Talking Football" on CSS this week. They explained it and it seems like these negotiations continue until late June or July.

It just doesn't make economical sense for any major cable provider in the Southeast not to offer the SEC Network. If you have a major provider, you will receive the SEC Network. The only problem is, for basic subscribers, that it will most likely be included in a mid-tier programming option.

So, if you only have the base package and want to see the games, including the UT season opener, you'll have to upgrade to another package.

For the people in Chattanooga, I talked with EPB yesterday to set up a new service and they are in fact going to offer the SEC network at no additional charge if you have the gold package programming

Reactions: 2 people
Sunday Ticket is all the insurance they need to hold out.

Yep...they have me hostage but they don't know it. There's no way I will go through an NFL season with Sunday Ticket but when my contract comes you better believe I will be threatening to take my business to Dish to get new equipment. I have been a DirecTV customer for 15 years and really I do love their service. They WILL get the SEC Network. I am positive of that because they DO know the backlash.

VN Store

Back