ATHLON: Ranking the SEC Quarterbacks

perico

"Thenneshee willsh be bath..."- Dr. Lou Holtz
"10. Justin Worley, Tennessee (SR)
There is little doubt that Worley will be the starter in Week 1 against a talented and upset-minded Utah State squad. He is the most experienced and poised quarterback on the Tennessee roster. That said, he will have to play well against a brutal early schedule to keep his job. Riley Ferguson is regarded as the best pure passer on the roster, but he has yet to play a snap in a college game, while Joshua Dobbs is easily the best combination of athletic ability and maturity. Dobbs' poise, polish, intelligence and work ethic make him a darkhorse to win the job sometime in the first half of the season. Much like last year, fans in Knoxville should expect two — maybe three — starting quarterbacks in 2014."

See more at: Ranking the SEC's Quarterbacks for 2014 | AthlonSports.com

Reactions: 1 person
There is little doubt that Worley will be the starter in Week 1 against a talented and upset-minded Utah State squad. He is the most experienced and poised quarterback on the Tennessee roster. That said, he will have to play well against a brutal early schedule to keep his job. Riley Ferguson is regarded as the best pure passer on the roster, but he has yet to play a snap in a college game, while Joshua Dobbs is easily the best combination of athletic ability and maturity. Dobbs' poise, polish, intelligence and work ethic make him a darkhorse to win the job sometime in the first half of the season. Much like last year, fans in Knoxville should expect two — maybe three — starting quarterbacks in 2014."

If UT has to play three QB's next season, four wins may be the limit. UT desperately needs a QB to take the job and never look back. Someone needs to be the man! Worley will get the first shot at being the man.

My guess is by the end of this season, Worley will finish in the top 3 of this list. I have a feeling he is going to be much improved this year.

Dobbs will come in for clean up against USU, Ark State, and Chat. Doubt we'll see the other 2 this year (or ever).

Reactions: 2 people
Worley needs to get off to a good start to keep the pressure off from the other 2. First bad game and here we go.

I hope Worley or whoever starts the season finishes it without injury. If it is Worley I would like to see Dobbs on the field in some capacity.

No clue. Driskel's not terrible, but hasn't really shown anything when healthy. He was solid, but unspectacular 2 years ago.

No..Driskel is terrible. Driskel in the entire game without getting his leg snapped = UT win last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Post 21, and in before someone points out Bo Wallace? I'm impressed VN, well done!

Oops, way to ruin it, Cosmo.

How is Jeff Driskel #8???
Jeff Driskel is a D grade Tim Tebow. Nowadays we all know Floridate won in spite of Tebow, not because of him. I wish they'd rated him #1 so he felt like he didnt have anything to prove ... now he'll work harder and move up to just bad from horrid.

He may very well start, but that's a stretch.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back