Will Butch Jones Win a National Title as Head Football Coach of the Univ. of Tenn?

Will Butch Jones Win a National Title as Head Football Coach of the Univ. of Tenn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

govols105

Yes or No?

I say Yes he will, and he should within 6 years.

I started this due to that fact some on this board think butch will not and may only get us an sec title if we are lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I like this thread. It may be a little crazy, but it isn't "will we win a national title tomorrow?" crazy.

What about I have no effing clue? Why isn't that an option? He hasn't made it to a bowl game here yet, can we talk about SEC titles at least first so we don't look that insane? :crazy:

Reactions: 7 people
It'll be tough, especially with the new playoff format. We will need a bit of luck- something we have definitely not had over the last 15 years or so.

I voted no. Love Butch and literally everything he's done with the program outside of Gameday. I think he's gonna turn the program around, make UT relevant and challenge for SEC championships with the next 2-3 years. But the odds are against him ever winning a NC. I'd be more than happy with 9-10 win seasons and no blowout losses for now.

Reactions: 13 people
Sec titles are important but not as important as they used to be because of the new playoff. used to you win the sec you get a spot to play for the nc now that won't be the case necessarily.

I think he will. Look the media and everyone knows that football is better when TN is winning. They would love to get UT in the playoffs for ticket sales. The media would go crazy for a playoff with UT, Penn St, Notre Dame, and Bama/UT austin.

Last edited:
It just seems silly to speculate about the NC so soon. It's like speculating on how soon we'll circumnavigate the globe when we just discovered fire.

The UT football program was nearly dealt the death penalty of bad luck, crappy coaching, and worse athletic department administration. IF Coach Jones is THE GUY, it will still be a long process to return to relevancy; something he has repeatedly stated as well. I can't fathom what happens if he's not the guy....

Reactions: 4 people
I voted no. Love Butch and literally everything he's done with the program outside of Gameday. I think he's gonna turn the program around, make UT relevant and challenge for SEC championships with the next 2-3 years. But the odds are against him ever winning a NC. I'd be more than happy with 9-10 win seasons and no blowout losses for now.

I didn't vote, but I agree completely.

The odds weigh heavily against him, but at this point, I just want him to return us to respectability (which I believe he will) and get us back to simply being in the discussion. At that point, if he wins one, great. If not, at least football season is enjoyable again.

Way too early to tell.

I think given some success he will be able to consistently recruit the talent needed.

I think he may need a handful of staff changes.

Very well said.

Are you this bored? CBJ hasn't had enough time to prove if he can or can't coach in the SEC. He hasn't even got his first full recruiting class on campus yet. Who knows if these guys can play. Lets see if we can manage a winning season and a bowl game first. Then lets see what we can do from there.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes or No?

I say Yes he will, and he should within 6 years.

I started this due to that fact some on this board think butch will not and may only get us an sec title if we are lucky.

"only" an SEC title.

Some college football fans need to recalibrate.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll say yes because college football is cyclical and I think he will be here long enough to see UT trend up when some current SEC powerhouses will most likely trend down. And if you can win the SEC, you can win it all.

Reactions: 2 people
Data Date----------Month Four–Day Sixteen–Year Twenty Fourteen

Data Category----Inquiry

Subject-------------Lyle Allen Jones Junior

Inquiry-------------Event Request: Will subject achieve a National Championship during tenure
as football coach at the University of Tennessee?

Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating

Probability---------88.9%

Variable 1: The University of Tennessee is a member of the Southeastern Conference.
Variable 2: Southeastern Conference teams historically place 3+ schools in top 10 national rankings.
Variable 3: Southeastern Conference teams tend to get preference due to schedule strength.
Variable 4: The University of Tennessee plays strong schedules by default. Reference: variable 2
Variable 5; The University of Tennessee is positioned to begin a cyclic upswing in performance.

Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating
Calculating

Probable Occurrence—Year Twenty Sixteen

Reactions: 7 people
I don't see why not? We see where we need to get because there's literally 2-5 SEC teams every year capable of winning it....All we have to do is win the SEC or even finish 2nd now to get in the New Plus one playoff....Butch is recruiting right with those teams now....give it another couple years and then " Game On"!

VN Store

Back