You Hurd Wrong, The Lane Isn’t Closed

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
There’s been whispers, you may have Hurd. The new young gun has rode into town. Word he’s going to run once deputy now Sheriff Lane out of town. Sheriff hasn’t said anything at all. The young gun Hurd the thud of Sheriff’s booted feet as he did his patrol of the town’s rough streets. Joined him at times on the Lane walk and talked about the outlaws of Volnationland. The Lane taught while the young gun Hurd a thing or two about the right things to do. They became a team that kept the town safe and sound. Shut up the talk about having Hurd the Lane will no longer be around.

The Ballad of Marlin Lane

Have ball will run is the word of a man
A knight without armor in the SEC land
His quick feet like fire is fanned by the winds of Neyland.
A soldier of fortune is a man they call Marlin Lane
Marlin Lane. Marlin Lane wherever it is that you may roam
Marlin Lane. Marlin Lane. Whatever foreign stadium or right here at home

He travels on to whichever battleground he must
The 20th letter “T”, orange colored is his badge of trust
There are man caves and bar counter legends that the faithful sing
About the quick footed man they all know as Marlin Lane.

Marlin Lane. Marlin Lane.

–Apologies to Johnny Western--

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
oh geez,I knew better than opening this thread up...but its like a car crash,you just have to look...

Reactions: 17 people
There’s been whispers, you may have Hurd. The new young gun has rode into town. Word he’s going to run once deputy now Sheriff Lane out of town. Sheriff hasn’t said anything at all. The young gun Hurd the thud of Sheriff’s booted feet as he did his patrol of the town’s rough streets. Joined him at times on the Lane walk and talked about the outlaws of Volnationland. The Lane taught while the young gun Hurd a thing or two about the right things to do. They became a team that kept the town safe and sound. Shut up the talk about having Hurd the Lane will no longer be around.

The Ballad of Martin Lane

His quick feet like fire is fanned by the winds of Neyland.
A soldier of fortune is a man they call Marlin Lane
Marlin Lane. Marlin Lane wherever it is that you may you roam
Marlin Lane. Marlin Lane. Whatever foreign stadium or right here at home

He travels on to whichever battleground he must
The 20th letter “T”, orange colored is his badge of trust
There are man caves and bar counter legends that the faithful sing
About the quick footed man they all know as Marlin Lane.

–Apologies to Johnny Western--

No Martin huh?

Reactions: 3 people
WTF did I just read??

You just got pun conned, son. :loco:
Not so much poetic license as it is applying figurative language that mixes old west TV lore with football concepts.Then there's the fact I'm the Woodsmanvol which alone should say it all.

Reactions: 2 people
I like your creativity. It's a nice respite from the current lunacy parading around our basketball forum. :)

Thanks. Just seems the UT is always dealing with one fine mess or another.

About this post, I have seen references on VN about Hurd taking Lane's spot and other veiled suggestions he will more or less be benched. Absurd to me. We have no idea in how a good a RB we have in both Lane and Hurd. So it's just silly fan talk about Lane being replaced. I'm broiling over with anticipation to seeing this one-two punch hit opposing teams hard.

Reactions: 1 person
I gave it a like for creativity. Hope both those guys truck many defenders this year.

Paladin: Have Gun, Will Travel.

There you go. Nice show wasn't it? Like I said TV western lore mixed with football concepts. Last time I saw Richard Boone was in the Shootist, John Wayne's last western if I recall right.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back