Current Starters who get replaced by new comers

GBOVOLS

What player or players do you feel will loose their starting spot.

My pick is McNeil getting replaced by TKJr.

Like to know your guys take.

Reactions: 1 person

Interesting that you wouldn't even choose an EE. For all we know TKJr. could red shirt.

I'm going to say Lane ends up as the #2 RB. I like Lane but Hurd is going to be something special.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Bates will be a permanent player at LB. Not sure if we have the 'depth' for a bonifide replacement; however, I think he will play more so than most outside of Curt and AJ.

Interesting that you wouldn't even choose an EE. For all we know TKJr. could red shirt.

I'm going to say Lane ends up as the #2 RB. I like Lane but Hurd is going to be something special.

Very true but there is a glaring need at safety and we aren't in a position to red shirt players if they are an upgrade. Secondly the most glaring need is on the defensive side of the ball and most of the defensive recruits come in June.

I think McNeil will be the first one replaced but not necessarily by TKjr. There is a lot of talent coming to the secondary and if McNeil is a starter we could be in trouble.

Last edited:
The easiest picks are Downs at TE, Coleman at CB, and whoever was starter at NB. Good chance we will have a new starting QB if you consider Dobbs the starter from last year.

McNeil said he had a good Spring Practice but I agree, TK2 will probably take that one.

Starter doesn't much matter at WR as we will be good 2-3 deep and will rotate to keep fresh legs in. Does it matter if Croom plays 5 more plays per game than Malone, etc.

Same with RB, Hurd, Lane, Scott, Pickett, etc. will all get some touches. Paulk should redshirt and beef up. Summerhill was a favorite of mine last year but it was always garbage time.

Completely agree. It'll be one of TKJr, McDowell or even Gaulden that starts opposite Randolph at safety IMO.

I could also see Bates taking over an OLB position, maybe even a Sawyers or Barnett starting at a DT given how thin we currently are there.

Finally, Medley will be our kicker supplanting Bullock IMO.

If we're talking about people who aren't on campus yet vs those who are, I'd say the most likely players to lose spots would be McNeil to TK or McDowell and Moseley to Evan.

McNeil hasn't progressed very well (though that might change once some more competition shows up) and I think Berry could push Moseley (he may be more physically ready than Moseley unless he bulks up big time).

I think Coleman keeps his spot at the nickel, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Gaulden or another newcomer push him there.

I think Bates will play a lot this season, but I'm not sure he'll take JRM's job as the starter (at least not early in the season).

Wild cards are Hendrix and Barnett if they're physically ready to go on the DL.

Reactions: 3 people
Perhaps Wishful thinking but:

Hendrix over Williams
TKj over McNeil
Berry or Gaulden over Coleman

If we're talking about people who aren't on campus yet vs those who are, I'd say the most likely players to lose spots would be McNeil to TK or McDowell and Moseley to Evan.

McNeil hasn't progressed very well (though that might change once some more competition shows up) and I think Berry could push Moseley (he may be more physically ready than Moseley unless he bulks up big time).

I think Coleman keeps his spot at the nickel, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Gaulden or another newcomer push him there.

I think Bates will play a lot this season, but I'm not sure he'll take JRM's job as the starter (at least not early in the season).

Great take. I think Hendrix may be ready to jump into the mix quickly at DE. Also very curious to see just how explosive Henderson is. We need several defensive players coming in to "be this year's Cam Sutton".

I thought I remembered Moseley bulking up like 20 lbs or something this Spring?

I thought I remembered Moseley bulking up like 20 lbs or something this Spring?

He still looked like a string bean at the orange and white game. I wouldn't guess he weighs any more than 175. He's shown himself to be good in coverage though I think it will be interesting to see how things shape up in the position battle this fall. He's already proven himself a bit and has four months to put on more weight.

I'm probably just a little biased for another Berry, but I think Evan will at least find himself in the rotation. Could be our 3rd guy.

Please dear baby jesus spare me from watching McNeil take horrible angles and getting railed in pass coverage another year. I honestly see tkjr as the ss. Would not surprise me in the least bit to see Gaulden or Evan berry take the number 2 corner spot and see mosely and Payne shirt.

VN Store

Back