Jumbo Quarterbacks

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I no longer recall and am too lazy to backtrack and find the sources for my comments below.
I’m aware CBJ has interests in a New Mexico QB prospect who is about 6-6 and 230lbs. I saw 1-2 other schools also courting Qbs of similar size. It got me to thinking that while dual threats are the ‘in’ thing now, some teams may be looking for Ben Roethlisberger type Qbs. If so, why? Harder to knock down? Arm strength? Able to amble for the 2-3 yards needed on short yardage situations?

Jared Lorenzen FTW

No, it was a college level QB I'm thinking of. Some school offered him. I can't recall who it was. I saw it only because I was looking at the NM QB the Vols are interested in. Some link among others I clicked at the time. Just can't recall the school or QB's name.

As much as I hate to quote bill parcels. "I don't believe in 'prototype' players. There's guys that can get it done and guys that can't."

It's aesthetically satisfying when the good players look the part and are actually "the part." Although I think parcel's is right about this topic.

As much as I hate to quote bill parcels. "I don't believe in 'prototype' players. There's guys that can get it done and guys that can't."

It's aesthetically satisfying when the good players look the part and are actually "the part." Although I think parcel's is right about this topic.

Parcells=Legend

I no longer recall and am too lazy to backtrack and find the sources for my comments below.
I’m aware CBJ has interests in a New Mexico QB prospect who is about 6-6 and 230lbs. I saw 1-2 other schools also courting Qbs of similar size. It got me to thinking that while dual threats are the ‘in’ thing now, some teams may be looking for Ben Roethlisberger type Qbs. If so, why? Harder to knock down? Arm strength? Able to amble for the 2-3 yards needed on short yardage situations?

Is it because they're "jumbo"? I think coaches like a big arm, and some mobility. Some guys, a la Gentry, just happen to be that size.

VN Store

Back