College Football Live

LordVOLdemort

Drive-By Expert
Just called us the team with the best chance to be this year's Auburn! Bragged about our talent at wr and rb, and went on and on about how much they loved Butch Jones.

I was getting pumped. Said if we could get our secondary together, we could go on a big run!

I love this, what do u guys and gals think?

Replay on ESPNU at 530 and 630 est

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Would love to see it happen, but I think that most of our talent if too young to pull off an Auburn run.

Who knows? It's April. These guys have 4-5 months to fill with stuff every single day. Tomorrow, there will be another team that could be the next Auburn.

A little scary.... are we ready to thunderbolt back so fast? that is a lot of pressure they just put on us and indirectly called us out. We have the talent (young), so we will see what the Butch can do with it and how fast he can mold it! Careful what you wish for! GBO!!

Good to hear. Any mention of the O-Line or D-Line?

No, which surprised me, but Matt Millen talked like he had seen our spring game. He's the one that went on and on about Butch. They showed some good clips. He said Worley and Dobbs looked like the leaders for the QB spot

Reactions: 2 people
they are putting the pressure on us so they can humiliate us when we fail. CBS, ESPN and everyone but us loves when this happens to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
No, which surprised me, but Matt Millen talked like he had seen our spring game. He's the one that went on and on about Butch. They showed some good clips. He said Worley and Dobbs looked like the leaders for the QB spot

Thanks JT. :hi:

I'm going to have to catch the replay.

they are putting the pressure on us so they can humiliate us when we fail. CBS, ESPN and everyone but us loves when this happens to Tennessee.

c9e1095062393a24dab581243efc2de1caad68a4a78377fcb4a8fe54472060f1.jpg

We def have the potential. Our D-line has the capability to be really good if they come along. Jordan William sliding inside, Saulisbury coming back, vereen, owen william they could be very disruptive. Our O-line will be aggressive and have a nasty streak. Blair is going to come around this summer once he gets in better shape and the game slows down for him. I have faith that both lines will be good this year

Just called us the team with the best chance to be this year's Auburn! Bragged about our talent at wr and rb, and went on and on about how much they loved Butch Jones.

I was getting pumped. Said if we could get our secondary together, we could go on a big run!

I love this, what do u guys and gals think?

Replay on ESPNU at 530 and 630 est

Butch says this team must establish it's identity , it's up to them to establish the identity they desire. :yes:

I understand the sentiment of those who want to dismiss this type of publicity (espn, etc) as JUST talk. To counter that sentiment i will offer that perception is reality. And the local and national perception of our program has changed for the better.

While I temper my expectations, I also find myself less and less creative in my optimism. I'll attempt to explain what I mean by that. Thanks to Butch & Co. my optimism is based on some tangible evidence that can be observed on the field. Under the previous regime, I was optimistic, but had to synthesize sources of my optimism. For example, under Dools, I kept telling myself "the results will come." This year and last, I'm comfortable in my optimism bc I see tangible evidence/results of good coaching on the field (more consistency in proper technique, etc). Let me be clear. I'm not saying we are there yet. But I do see consistent evidence of improvement.

JMO, GBO, #govols, #butchjonesgetsit, #brickbybrick, #proud2beUT, etc, etc, on, and on.

Reactions: 4 people
Can't be. The USU fans say UT is no good this year because they weren't good for the past 3 years... no context mind you... just a declaration of the superiority of their mighty program.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see a NC run. I do see UT surprising with an extra win or two.

IMO

Likely wins- Chatt, USU, UK, Vandy, ASU, Mizzou
Swing games- USCe, UF, UGA, Ole Miss
Likely losses- Bama, OU

VN Store

Back