Did Downs come back?

AdamT

Was unable to make the OW game, but last I heard, Brenden Downs was having a few issues.

Does anyone have an update on him? Always thought he showed a lot of potential.

I believe I saw him listed behind the two freshmen on one of the projected depth charts.

I believe he had surgery. If healthy, he's likely to start. UT should have 4 solid TE's if both he and Branisel are healthy along with the freshmen.

Reactions: 2 people
I could be wrong, but I believe I saw him standing on the sidelines at the O&W game with a couple of other players who weren't dressed out.

Both Downs and Branisel were at the O&W game, wearing their jerseys, and standing on the "White" sidelines. Hopefully both will be back for summer practices and preseason camp.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe he had surgery. If healthy, he's likely to start. UT should have 4 solid TE's if both he and Branisel are healthy along with the freshmen.

I doubt he ever plays another down at TE. He will be 4th on the depth chart at best when he is healthy. His play was very very poor in 2013. It isn't his fault that we didn't have better option in 2013, but I am glad that he will no longer be needed.

I have heard several people say that the TE play was better day 1 of spring practice than at any point in 2013.

Brendan Downs is down 20 pounds to 228. Initially, I thought that might be a typo, but fellow tight end A.J. Branisel also dropped 11 pounds to 224. A strategy to make the tight ends more nimble? A coincidence? A typo? I’ll try to find out. (Update: I’m told the lower weights are, in fact, accurate as listed.)

Brendan Downs is down 20 pounds to 228. Initially, I thought that might be a typo, but fellow tight end A.J. Branisel also dropped 11 pounds to 224. A strategy to make the tight ends more nimble? A coincidence? A typo? I’ll try to find out. (Update: I’m told the lower weights are, in fact, accurate as listed.)

I do believe Downs will either start or be rotated evenly...... unless this weight loss effects his blocking. The experience he has is invaluable especially at TE.

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt he ever plays another down at TE. He will be 4th on the depth chart at best when he is healthy. His play was very very poor in 2013. It isn't his fault that we didn't have better option in 2013, but I am glad that he will no longer be needed.

I have heard several people say that the TE play was better day 1 of spring practice than at any point in 2013.
TE play was the worst we have seen in a long time last year. Still possibly he turns it around but for now I'm inclined to agree.

TE play was the worst we have seen in a long time last year. Still possibly he turns it around but for now I'm inclined to agree.

this is where I am on this - we were absolutely terrible at TE last year - the experience was us getting no production from the position so not sure how that will help us

you start the talent right away - which is probably why CBJ landed 2 EE FR TE's - its almost like he knows what he is doing

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back