Genius coaching?

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
The one constant from Spring Camp was competition.

We've seen the Orange and White game; we've heard the Monday reaction. We've analyzed the pairings for each QB.

If Worley and Riley were getting the most first team reps in Spring, hasn't the coaching staff, through the O&W game, created now a perfect atmosphere of competition for summer? The guy who works the hardest is going to get the job.

I can't help but think the O&W game played out exactly as the coaches hoped.

Genius.

Reactions: 4 people
It was orchestrated, in that the two five star recruits were both featured to create a buzz amount the fan base!

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know what you're talking about

whaaaaaat_despicable_me.gif

Reactions: 4 people
It was orchestrated, in that the two five star recruits were both featured to create a buzz amount the fan base!

I disagree with them playing because of buzz. Lane was limited because of injury so Hurd took a majority of the snaps. And the coaches have been saying since spring break that Malone has been the hardest working receiver. They both earned their PT and I think you are selling them a little short.

Malone will see plenty of PT as North is the only receiver with a set starting role. And Lane, Hurd and both other freshman if healthy will see PT this fall...

The coaches rigged the Spring Game? The DBs covering Malone and North who are fighting for jobs were on the take? Riyahd let Jalen run over him? What are you saying?

Or because said recruits were promised legit playing time early if they came to UT...which would be fine, of course. They are studs, after all. GBO!

Coaches encouraging competition at open positions during spring camp = genius? If that is "genius", then every coach at every program is a "genius".

The one constant from Spring Camp was competition.

We've seen the Orange and White game; we've heard the Monday reaction. We've analyzed the pairings for each QB.

If Worley and Riley were getting the most first team reps in Spring, hasn't the coaching staff, through the O&W game, created now a perfect atmosphere of competition for summer? The guy who works the hardest is going to get the job.

I can't help but think the O&W game played out exactly as the coaches hoped.

Genius.
I'm sure your right. The biggest thing was pulling the Riley thorn out of the picture for now. The fan base is now looking to the coaches for a decision. Unity was given to the staff. It's going to be Dobb's or Worley's job to lose.

I hope you enthusiasm is present mid-way through October.
Genius coaching? We'll see?

Nobody knows what he's talking about. It's like he's doing commentary on a bad game of Dungeons n Dragons that's going on in his head.

It's not difficult to understand.

The coaches "stressed" Riley and "cracked the door" for Dobbs. The messages we've heard now is that Riley is the most naturally gifted but needs to work on his complete game. The most cerebral guy (who is a great athlete besides)who was seeing reps with the 2s in Spring has a highlight reel O&W game.

Game on in the summer now. No one is complacent.

Simples. And genius is often recognizing and the executing the simple things.

I think the spring game gave the fans what they wanted. It was definitely orchestrated for the offense to shine. Can you imagine coming out of spring the same way we did when Bray was 5-30? We would have been in meltdown mode for 5 months. It played out great.

VN Store

Back