Does the dismissal of Dorial Green-Beckham mean

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
a certain victory for Tennessee over Mizzou? With DGB gone, Missouri has lost its top three receivers from last year. Maty Mauk will have no one taller than 6-3 to throw the downfield jump ball to. I feel better about the Vols to be no worse than 7-5 this coming season.

a certain victory for Tennessee over Mizzou? With DGB gone, Missouri has lost its top three receivers from last year. Maty Mauk will have no one taller than 6-3 to throw the downfield jump ball to. I feel better about the Vols to be no worse than 7-5 this coming season.

Mauk can still run.

Reactions: 2 people
Certain victory? No.

Althought it seems like it could be pretty likely.

Lost top 3 WRs. Lost top RB. And lost 7 or 8 of the starters on D

Reactions: 6 people
It definitely doesn't hurt our chances, but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Mauk is the one we should worry about.

Reactions: 1 person
Not meaning to sound like a smart ass but we don't even know who our starting QB is going to be so I say no, not a certain victory.

Reactions: 1 person
Their top returning WR, Bud Sasser, had just 26 grabs last year. I see them being pretty one dimensional especially with a QB who barely completed over 50% of his passes.

Getting them at home and DCG not a factor would improve our chances, however we have not beaten them yet.

A long time must expire before we can even really identify the possibility of a win but they are better than before he was gone.

Haven't beat Mizzou yet since they entered the league. Never thought that would be the case after they announced they were coming to the SEC.

If Mizzou has any injuries at all, they could be flat out terrible this year. They might be in worse shape than us, depth wise.

Certain? No. But I didn't think they were going to beat UT this year anyway. They had already lost too many playmakers that they didn't have ready replacements for on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: 2 people

If I agree to be extremely excited if we hit seven wins, will you agree to not get mad if we don't? Because I'm not sure how this team is better than last year.

Lots of young talent. But lots of YOUNG talent.

We beat Mizzou this year either way. Mizzou lost a bunch off of both sides of the ball, and they are not reloading 4 and 5 stars like Bama or UGA are..

They were extremely lucky that they came into the SEC east at a time where most of the east teams were way down. basically USC and UGA were their only competition.

That changes this year.. and it would surprise me if they finish any higher then 4th in the SEC

We beat Mizzou this year either way. Mizzou lost a bunch off of both sides of the ball, and they are not reloading 4 and 5 stars like Bama or UGA are..

They were extremely lucky that they came into the SEC east at a time where most of the east teams were way down. basically USC and UGA were their only competition.

That changes this year.. and it would surprise me if they finish any higher then 4th in the SEC

UGA was severely injured in that game too

It definitely doesn't hurt our chances, but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Mauk is the one we should worry about.

So losing the best player on your team doesn't make a difference? :crazy: DGB is one of the best WR in the country. Your statement makes no sense.

So losing the best player on your team doesn't make a difference? :crazy: DGB is one of the best WR in the country. Your statement makes no sense.

His point is kind of valid.

Last year against UT, DGB had 2 receptions for 22 yards.

Maty Mauk threw for 163 yards with 3 TDs. Also ran for 114 yards

Reactions: 3 people
mauk last season threw for a worse percentage than dobbs and worley. he just had a ton of weapons to make big strike plays. he wont have that level of WRs this yr or even close. Those 3 guys were big time.

It's also kind of weird to say they were already replacing as much as they were but one WR still being there was the difference between it being a loss and it being a win.

VN Store

Back