Coaches salaries and extensions

Yeah, I think it was probably a good call not giving the coordinators a raise. But I would have thought Thigpen and other key recruiters deserved more though.

Lol, you guys act like a 25k raise, is like a dollar an hour raise..I'd be happy with a 25k raise..

Lol, you guys act like a 25k raise, is like a dollar an hour raise..I'd be happy with a 25k raise..

None of my business at all but do you make 300+k a year? He is a damn good recruiter. Should have got a new title like co recruiting coordinator too.

25k is a decent raise but when looking at what the other assistants make and considering what the team would look like WITHOUT Thig, the raise is not that significant. He deserved more. Unless UT forks over some serious dough, look for us to lose Thig after his contract.

25k is a decent raise but when looking at what the other assistants make and considering what the team would look like WITHOUT Thig, the raise is not that significant. He deserved more. Unless UT forks over some serious dough, look for us to lose Thig after his contract.

Typical UT administrative move. I'd like to know if Butch lobbied for more in regard to Thigpen. Regardless, UT has to keep Tommy Thigpen. You give the man what he wants (within reason) IMO.

None of my business at all but do you make 300+k a year? He is a damn good recruiter. Should have got a new title like co recruiting coordinator too.

He can get $31k more with a bowl appearance. His raise was 7% which is pretty solid for one year of doing his job and also made him the highest paid "non-coordinator" assistant on the staff. The good work in recruiting he does will make it possible to make some incentive money as well.

He can get $31k more with a bowl appearance. His raise was 7% which is pretty solid for one year of doing his job and also made him the highest paid "non-coordinator" assistant on the staff. The good work in recruiting he does will make it possible to make some incentive money as well.

I am sure there are some other unspoken items or tokens of appreciation.:thumbsup:

Need to give credit where it is due. As much crap as Hart gets on here for things out of his control he knew he had to give Thig a raise to keep him around. And the perfect amount too, left a little room for another one next year with another top 5 class. Good job keeping the staff happy and rewarding their amazing effort by Hart.

I work for the state and I get nothing this year. I bet gas prices don't stay the same.

I pay $9/gallon for gas here. You're probably thinking that the grass is actually browner on the other side of fence now! :hi:

Last edited:
It's good that they acknowledged Thig with a raise, but I agree....to KEEP him, we got to do better than that!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Na363glDoY[/youtube]

VN Store

Back