Dobbs' little jump pass

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
I can't remember who the defender was that he threw over, or who he was throwing it to. Anybody remember seeing it? I know it was going toward the north endzone, and he threw it to his right. That's all I can remember. But I thought it was awesome.

I can't remember who the defender was that he threw over, or who he was throwing it to. Anybody remember seeing it? I know it was going toward the north endzone, and he threw it to his right. That's all I can remember. But I thought it was awesome.

Was that the td pass he threw to Pickett?

Was that the td pass he threw to Pickett?

It was a TD yes. Was it Pickett he threw it to? I just remember thinking it was a display of athleticism. Course I was a little caught up in the mood of the day and everything probably seemed better than it was, lol.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a TD yes. Was it Pickett he threw it to? I just remember thinking it was a display of athleticism. Course I was a little caught up in the mood of the day and everything probably seemed better than it was, lol.

Orange and White makes everything seem better!!!!

Yeah, it was Justus Pickett. Kesling called him Justin Pickett. Lol!

Last edited:
Really fun day. I enjoyed all. Butch's game play for the O&W game day was a winner! And how awesome was Josh Malone! It was my all-time favorite O&W game (out of 25 or so). GBO!!

Reactions: 5 people
Really fun day. I enjoyed all. Butch's game play for the O&W game day was a winner! And how awesome was Josh Malone! It was my all-time favorite O&W game (out of 25 or so). GBO!!

He showed out for sure! Hurd had a great day too!

I didn't expect to get any insight into the upcoming season, but sitting in the stadium watching the players and coaches do their thing on the field will keep me happy til August. Maybe.

Reactions: 2 people
Jump pass ? Didn't see it. Only real comment is - When Tebow does it, it's stupid and clumsy, but when we do it it's a beautiful play. Alas this is where we find ourselves...Nice little offense we have now in Knoxville, The Power Spread... Gimme a freakin break.

Jump pass ? Didn't see it. Only real comment is - When Tebow does it, it's stupid and clumsy, but when we do it it's a beautiful play. Alas this is where we find ourselves...Nice little offense we have now in Knoxville, The Power Spread... Gimme a freakin break.

When Tebow does pretty much about anything it's stupid and clumsy, especially talking to girls.

Reactions: 4 people

Maybe I'm saying the wrong thing? I have no idea what you call it. All I know is he jumped off the ground, got the ball over the defenders' reach, and into the hands of the receiver.

Reactions: 2 people

What? Where did this come from? Dobbs didn't throw a "fake a run in the middle and throw a one yard jump pass" like Tebow used to do (and who thought Tebow was stupid and clumsy for doing it? And who cares?)

Vollygirl asked a simple, honest question about what looked like a very athletic play by Dobbs. He threw a "jump pass" to avoid the rush, into the flat that Pickett scored on. Why make an issue of it?

Reactions: 8 people
Maybe I'm saying the wrong thing? I have no idea what you call it. All I know is he jumped off the ground, got the ball over the defenders' reach, and into the hands of the receiver.

QBs do this when they have defenders in their face. It wasn't designed that way, but in order to get the ball over the rushing defender to the check down back, or screen play. You tend to see this kind of thing during screen plays and such. Dobbs did looked really good Saturday!

No, you were right. It was an instinctually athletic play by Dobbs that wasn't remotely similar to the red zone "jump pass" that Tebow used to throw. Not sure why that guy decided to make an issue of it and imply you're a hypocrite or something. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 6 people
No, you were right. It was an instinctually athletic play by Dobbs that wasn't remotely similar to the red zone "jump pass" that Tebow used to throw. Not sure why that guy decided to make an issue of it and imply you're a hypocrite or something. Ridiculous.

Thanks.

And yet, as a college quarterback he regular ate everybody's lunch.

He was a GREAT college QB and even a better human being. Never understood the hate for the kid other than the fact that whipped everybody's arse on the football field.

Reactions: 4 people

Woe, woe. Easy there fella. It was not a designed jump pass (soothing, reassuring voice). It was an athletic move to get the ball over the rushing defender, one that happens many times during a screen pass or when the QB is trying to check down to a RB in the flat with a rush coming right at him (pats the animal who was spooked by something that made him uneasy and vulnerable).

Judging by your reaction you don't like the direction our offense is going, or you're easily spooked. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Woe, woe. Easy there fella. It was not a designed jump pass (soothing, reassuring voice). It was an athletic move to get the ball over the rushing defender, one that happens many times during a screen pass or when the QB is trying to check down to a RB in the flat with a rush coming right at him (pats the animal who was spooked by something that made him uneasy and vulnerable).

Judging by your reaction you don't like the direction our offense is going, or your easily spooked. :)

I think maybe he wasn't there and didn't see it.

Per your request in the other thread, Volly.

VLcxIK.gif

That was the only angle in the highlight reel on Youtube.

Didn't belIeve it then still don't now.

While certainly being skeptical is understandable in light that he was one of the most popular Florida QBs ever and what has become acceptable, but there has been nothing in his personality, work ethic, or behavior that has shown that he is a liar or to assume that he is lying. I am one, while admitting that there is always the possibility that I am wrong, to believe he was and is truthful. And I'm speaking because of experience. I waited until marriage, and it wasn't that I couldn't get a girl, it was part of my convictions and dedication to them. It wasn't easy but totally worth it. I am now happily married going on our 5th year of marriage (we dated/engaged for 5 1/2 years). You can say a lot about Tebow, but one thing no one has ever doubted about him was his dedication, work ethic, and convictions. To assume he lied about it means the weight of proof is on you. I just think some girl would have come forward by now.

AshleyMadison Offers $1 Million To Prove Tim Tebow Is NOT A Virgin

still nothing…

Back to Volunteer football: "how 'bout them vols?"

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back