Biggest Winners and Losers from Spring Game

skasper06

I had quite the experience yesterday at the Orange and white game. I was there from 7 am all the way through the end of the game. I was within the first 30 in line to get autographs and I even got quite a few autographs from incoming guys including Dillon Bates, Cortez McDowell, RaShaan Gaulden, Andrew Butcher and Jack Jones (funny story behind that). But anyways, I just wanted to share my thoughts about the day in its entirety and who I thought were the biggest winners and losers from the whole day. Hope you guys like it...

Biggest Losers

1. Fans waiting in line for autographs. I personally got the linebackers autographs within the first 10 minutes, then spent 50 minutes in line for the wide receivers and didn't get them. I understand they can't sign autographs forever, but either extend the fan day time (currently at 60 minutes) or shorten the amount of fans they let in on the field.

2. Anyone sitting on the east side of the stadium. Although it was a beautiful day for football, if you were sitting on the east side of the stadium, you probably got a nice little sun burn.

3. Riley Ferguson. I have nothing bad to say about the kid. But he didn't have the best game and that's just a fact. I don't think any of the quarterbacks did terrible. But of the four, Ferguson probably struggled the most.

4. Our secondary. Either our receivers have gotten a lot better or our secondary really struggled...or both. Just about every receiver, tight end, and running back made a some good plays against our secondary.

5. UT fans that couldn't come to the game. I thought it odd that the spring game wasn't televised. I know it was on the radio, but we all know it's just not the same as actually watching it.

Biggest Winners

1. Josh Malone. In a big way. I can think of three plays off the top of my head where Malone showed people how legit he is. Can't wait to see him this year and in seasons to come.

2. Tony Robinson. He won MVP in the VFL flag football game and a 13.5 foot trophy. (yes, 13.5 FOOT) Although it was just a flag football game of former Vols, I thought it was an incredible gesture for Coach Jones to bring back former Vols and let them play some form of football in Neyland Stadium again.

3. David Cutcliffe. Coach Cutcliffe is the man and deserves every bit of the recognition he received yesterday. He helped make Peyton Manning the UT icon that he is and Neyland stadium honored him with a standing ovation.

4. Justin Worley/Josh Dobbs. As I said earlier, I don't think any of the QB's did terrible, but Worley and Dobbs separated themselves from Peterman and Ferguson in my opinion. Worley's arm strength really looked good and Dobbs showed his ability to make some big plays.

5. 68,548 fans. The second largest turnout for a spring game ever at UT. I think overall the fans were given a fun treat and a good look at team 118. I loved meeting the players (and new recruits) before the game. I loved honoring Bobby D and Coach Cutcliffe before the game. I loved the circle of life and other practice drills. I loved the beautiful weather. I loved seeing UT football back in action.

Reactions: 10 people
Biggest Winners:

Josh Dobbs
Josh Malone
Jalen Hurd

Biggest losers:

Riley Ferguson
Tennessee secondary
Tennessee Offensive line

Biggest Winners:

Josh Dobbs
Josh Malone
Jalen Hurd

Biggest losers:

Riley Ferguson
Tennessee secondary
Tennessee Offensive line

Who has to play well for the following positions QB, RB, and WR to have success? The OL duh. I don't know where you got that from?

Reactions: 2 people
I thought Justin Coleman,as bad as he was last year,played well yesterday...
he looks like he has put in the work this off season...
Cam Sutton and D'Andre Payne didn't have a good days...

Reactions: 1 person
I had quite the experience yesterday at the Orange and white game. I was there from 7 am all the way through the end of the game. I was within the first 30 in line to get autographs and I even got quite a few autographs from incoming guys including Dillon Bates, Cortez McDowell, RaShaan Gaulden, Andrew Butcher and Jack Jones (funny story behind that). But anyways, I just wanted to share my thoughts about the day in its entirety and who I thought were the biggest winners and losers from the whole day. Hope you guys like it...

Biggest Losers

1. Fans waiting in line for autographs. I personally got the linebackers autographs within the first 10 minutes, then spent 50 minutes in line for the wide receivers and didn't get them. I understand they can't sign autographs forever, but either extend the fan day time (currently at 60 minutes) or shorten the amount of fans they let in on the field.

2. Anyone sitting on the east side of the stadium. Although it was a beautiful day for football, if you were sitting on the east side of the stadium, you probably got a nice little sun burn.

3. Riley Ferguson. I have nothing bad to say about the kid. But he didn't have the best game and that's just a fact. I don't think any of the quarterbacks did terrible. But of the four, Ferguson probably struggled the most.

4. Our secondary. Either our receivers have gotten a lot better or our secondary really struggled...or both. Just about every receiver, tight end, and running back made a some good plays against our secondary.

5. UT fans that couldn't come to the game. I thought it odd that the spring game wasn't televised. I know it was on the radio, but we all know it's just not the same as actually watching it.

Biggest Winners

1. Josh Malone. In a big way. I can think of three plays off the top of my head where Malone showed people how legit he is. Can't wait to see him this year and in seasons to come.

2. Tony Robinson. He won MVP in the VFL flag football game and a 13.5 foot trophy. (yes, 13.5 FOOT) Although it was just a flag football game of former Vols, I thought it was an incredible gesture for Coach Jones to bring back former Vols and let them play some form of football in Neyland Stadium again.

3. David Cutcliffe. Coach Cutcliffe is the man and deserves every bit of the recognition he received yesterday. He helped make Peyton Manning the UT icon that he is and Neyland stadium honored him with a standing ovation.

4. Justin Worley/Josh Dobbs. As I said earlier, I don't think any of the QB's did terrible, but Worley and Dobbs separated themselves from Peterman and Ferguson in my opinion. Worley's arm strength really looked good and Dobbs showed his ability to make some big plays.

5. 68,548 fans. The second largest turnout for a spring game ever at UT. I think overall the fans were given a fun treat and a good look at team 118. I loved meeting the players (and new recruits) before the game. I loved honoring Bobby D and Coach Cutcliffe before the game. I loved the circle of life and other practice drills. I loved the beautiful weather. I loved seeing UT football back in action.

Thanks for the summary. Not to be telling you what you should do or anything but I'm hoping you were attempting to get autographs for your kid, or you are a kid yourself. Adults don't need kids autographs Imo. An hour is probably plenty of time designated for the players to sign autographs. Personally, if there was a player, or anyone else I respected, I encountered I'd prefer a handshake. Or at very most a picture.

Its tough when you play against yourself. If your defense rules the day then youre like "well the O needs work" and with this year its vice versa. At this point im glad to see we have some playmakers on offense. Its going to be a challenge for any secondary we play this year to cover all those guys.

We can win with any of the 4 QBs. Certainly Worley and Dobbs had good performances. When Ferguson was playing with the 1s he looked as good as anybody, but he didn't have that advantage til after halftime.

Worley looked a lot more decisive than last year. Perhaps because unlike last year, he usually had receivers open.

Winners- tons of hot chicks in tight clothes

Losers- several fattys in tight clothes

What about the ones that are 15 to 20 pounds overweight? Not skinny, but obviously don't skip meals. Girls like that always have big **** and ***. That sir, is a winner.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks for the summary. Not to be telling you what you should do or anything but I'm hoping you were attempting to get autographs for your kid, or you are a kid yourself. Adults don't need kids autographs Imo. An hour is probably plenty of time designated for the players to sign autographs. Personally, if there was a player, or anyone else I respected, I encountered I'd prefer a handshake. Or at very most a picture.

Agree on adults refraining from getting autographs. When I was 27, I asked for an autograph from Dan Patrick at the airport. I felt stupid and immature afterwards so I've never asked for another.

You guys are nuts. There were no losers yesterday. Makes me think some of our so called fans are really the losers. Why don't you try to support the entire team and not single out certain players? Arm chair coaches #$%@&%@$##!!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 people
Fan Day will take place at Neyland Stadium from 12:30 - 1:30 PM. Fans should enter at Gate 7. Autographs are limited to 1 item per person.

You guys are nuts. There were no losers yesterday. Makes me think some of our so called fans are really the losers. Why don't you try to support the entire team and not single out certain players? Arm chair coaches #$%@&%@$##!!!!!!!

OK,2nd place winners were.....

I have no problem getting autographs. I'm proud of our guys and I want them to know we value them. For a college kid, signing autographs says "they really appreciate me." Not to mention it is a huge recruiting tool. When I was 18 I signed autographs for basketball and I felt like a champion. As I asked Dillon Bates for his autograph I welcomed him to VolNation and his dad was standing there. You could tell Bill was both proud and excited for his son to be walking in his footsteps.

Reactions: 3 people
What about the ones that are 15 to 20 pounds overweight? Not skinny, but obviously don't skip meals. Girls like that always have big **** and ***. That sir, is a winner.
What is considered as 15-20 lbs overweight by today's standard was thought of as just about right 20-30 years ago.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Biggest Winners:

Josh Dobbs
Josh Malone
Jalen Hurd

Biggest losers:

Riley Ferguson
Tennessee secondary
Tennessee Offensive line

I know you were impressed by Dobbs. I like Dobbs along with the others too.

But I have asked several times and as far as anyone has reported, Dobbs played against the 2nd D only. He outperformed Peterson in that role. Worley and Ferguson played against the first O with Worley clearly the better performer.

The winner there... is Worley. He had a better completion % than Dobbs against better competition and also had a big run.

I think Dobbs is a gamer and can create. He can give the O things that Ferguson can't. But right now they are all chasing Worley.

I Agree that an hour is not enough time. I've taken kids down for autographs before and stood in line for 45 minutes to an hour and not even gotten close, including when Peyton Manning played there. The best way to get autographs is to go to the barbecue they Hold in Thompson Boling every August. All of the players are there and all of the coaches and there's only several thousand people as opposed to 60 or 70,000!
What a great day yesterday was though! beautiful weather and a great game. I enjoyed the circle of life drill. that's a good addition Butch put in! The flag FB game was also fun to watch

Agree on adults refraining from getting autographs. When I was 27, I asked for an autograph from Dan Patrick at the airport. I felt stupid and immature afterwards so I've never asked for another.

Kinda like when you realize your to old to go trick or treating, ah, the passages in life! :birgits_giggle:

If you want to meet the players just eat on the strip for a couple of days. We have met the whole B-ball team, and a bunch of the football players. Just being too lazy to cook dinner.

P.S. If any of the players are reading this, sorry for selling you out. The Bear...

VN Store

Back