The Best QB Today

Teeman

Tony Robinson, hands down. He looked incredible in the flag football game. He ran well, looked off defenders, and didn't miss a pass. I think he could still play. SIAP. I just got home.

Reactions: 4 people
Dobbs. Though i must say tony can still throw that ball. i have video of him QBing today if folks want me to post. He had the game winning int too for the orange team in the vfl game.

he had one heck of a throw for a td that covered over 60 yds as time expired that was right on the money. i know that much. it looked so good you would have thought tony robinson threw it.

459.gif

Reactions: 13 people
TR has a stronger arm than the 4 QB's on the roster. What an athlete...

Wonder how he'd do in the read option today?

What about the muffed snap that Dobbs pick up and ultimately ran for 60 yards for a TD? Not saying he could do that against Bama, but he looked pretty comfortable doing it.

Worley also had some good throws - clean, crisp and on target.

Fergy / Peterman are clearly 3rd and 4th string.

Reactions: 12 people
It was one game, guys. Players have up days and down days. Ferg looked pretty rough today no doubt, but I think people already demoting him to 3/4 on the depth chart are a little premature.

It was one game, guys. Players have up days and down days. Ferg looked pretty rough today no doubt, but I think people already demoting him to 3/4 on the depth chart are a little premature.

Well, many people on here were saying he was the best QB on the roster even though he was the only one we had never seen play. That was more premature imo.

Reactions: 16 people
What a great time today. What a great atmosphere. I will definitely be back next year. I'm still in Knoxville and currently with family so I will post my pics and videos when I get back to Baltimore. But I must say, it was Dobbs day. I thought Ferg and Peterman had some "moments" that were great. But Dobbs looked like he was running the offense and not trying to catch up to or force it. And getting to end spring on that note will give that man a huge confidence boost while he goes into his summer workouts. Worley looks like the veteran, knows when to throw it away instead of losing yards. And can "manage" the offense. But today he looked average and he's a senior quarterback. That worries me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Well, many people on here were saying he was the best QB on the roster even though he was the only one we had never seen play. That was more premature imo.

That was definitely premature. Seeing as most people on here don't go to practices, though, we have to rely on media reports for info. Those media reports have been pumping Ferg for a while now. They can't all be right, but they probably aren't all wrong either. He's obviously a player, but what we saw today matches up exactly with the reports that he has to get more consistent.

I really like Dobbs as a kid and a player (and have gone on the record here saying so), but Worley's gonna get the start this season.

Reactions: 3 people
Tony Robinson, hands down. He looked incredible in the flag football game. He ran well, looked off defenders, and didn't miss a pass. I think he could still play. SIAP. I just got home.

I wonder if you sat behind me. There was a guy who kept yelling, "I'll bet you all 5 dollars Tony Robinson wins MVP of the VFL game!"

If so, I found your color commentary fun.

Worley looked the best to me, A couple nice long throws and a good run. Looked relaxed and in command. Dobbs also looked good and smooth. Fergie and Nathan not so much. In Fergie's defense his protection let him down a couple of times, on one play one of the tight ends Wolf I think whiffed on a block which led to a sack.

I wonder if you sat behind me. There was a guy who kept yelling, "I'll bet you all 5 dollars Tony Robinson wins MVP of the VFL game!"

If so, I found your color commentary fun.

Sorry. It wasn't me. I was too awestruck to speak. Watching Tony Robinson make those plays today took me back 29 years. What an awesome talent.

What I saw today was that both Dobbs and Ferguson throw the ball with so much more velocity than Worley or Peterman. The question is can either do that against a solid SEC defense. Dobbs was clearly the best out of the four.

Worley will start. Dobbs looked good but it was against second team. There's huge drop off with second team. I think Ferguson still will be no. 2. But either way. I don't care who starts as long as we win.

Apparently threads and posts like this are going to g on until the season starts. Basically after today everybody on VN is on CBJ staff, can evaluate talent and knows what it takes to become an SEC caliber QB.

That was definitely premature. Seeing as most people on here don't go to practices, though, we have to rely on media reports for info. Those media reports have been pumping Ferg for a while now. They can't all be right, but they probably aren't all wrong either. He's obviously a player, but what we saw today matches up exactly with the reports that he has to get more consistent.

I really like Dobbs as a kid and a player (and have gone on the record here saying so), but Worley's gonna get the start this season.

i've been saying this all along. i tried telling the fergy lovers that the media was telling them what they wanted to hear due to him being a favorite before practices even started. it was simply what was hot and gained attention

VN Store

Back