Give your short, sweet summary/opinion of the OW Game

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
-Worley looked the most like a QB he's ever looked, confident and sharp

-Worley's run shouldn't alarm us about the defense, Worley can run better than you think. Obviously our DB's are faster than him, that was just very good decision making.

-I'm eating a lot of crow over Dobbs right now. I get a lot of flak for being a Dobbs hater, and he shut me up today. Kid looked miles better than last year and obviously wants to be on the field again.

-Darr has a boot.

-North looks bigger, stronger, and more sure-handed than ever.

-Croom looks like North now. I have very high hopes for him.

-VP doesn't like to get tackled. Any opponent trying to tackle him better wrap him up completely or he's not going down.

-Hurd and Malone lived up to the hype today.

-D-line worries me.....

-O-line worries me...... but not as much as the D-line

-This roster is already seeming much better suited for this offense

-Ferguson was disappointing. I have faith in our coaches' judgement but it's hard to see where Fergs is better than Dobbs

-Not trying to be a hater, but I can see why Butch is calling the defense "soft"

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 people
Loved what I saw out of the skill players on offense.

Glad that 16 of the 18 players coming this fall are slated for the defense.

Reactions: 5 people
More band.

Dobbs was impressive, 6-9, three TD's

Liked the "One on One" stuff

Half time flag football was just okay

Jalen Reeves Maybin

Josh Malone

Jacob Johnson

Not impressed with the running backs

Tackling, iffy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

-Worley's run shouldn't alarm us about the defense, Worley can run better than you think. Obviously our DB's are faster than him, that was just very good decision making.

-I'm eating a lot of crow over Dobbs right now. I get a lot of flak for being a Dobbs hater, and he shut me up today. Kid looked miles better than last year and obviously wants to be on the field again.

-Darr has a boot.

-VP doesn't like to get tackled. Any opponent trying to tackle him better wrap him up completely or he's not going down.

-D-line worries me.....

-Ferguson was disappointing. I have faith in our coaches' judgement but it's hard to see where Fergs is better than Dobbs

-Not trying to be a hater, but I can see why Butch is calling the defense "soft"

Pretty much agree with everything you said. Will add I was impressed with Hurd and Pickett at RB. Also, D line will improve when several players return from injuries in fall. Going to be a tough season with below average talent in the trenches. My hopes are for 6-6 at best.

Reactions: 1 person
Effing powers that be, decided not to stream or televise the game....but they played
(Sorry...my head is still up my butt.)

Pretty much agree with everything you said. Will add I was impressed with Hurd and Pickett at RB. Also, D line will improve when several players return from injuries in fall. Going to be a tough season with below average talent in the trenches. My hopes are for 6-6 at best.

Might be the sunshine pumper in me, but I didn't see a "6-6 at best" team today. We could be better in the skill positions this year than the 2012 team, who would have been an 8-9 win team if they had a defense with a pulse.

I will say we HAVE GOT TO CONTAIN THIS YEAR!!!! Hopefully moving Maggit to DE will help that, but our opponents know to run to the outside on us. They knew it last year and they'll know it this year if it's not fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
More the same it brings out the experts. The game although it's fun to watch it tells us nothing about your team.

Last edited:

-Darr has a boot.

-D-line worries me.....

I saw it exactly the same way, especially the line play. Also, Payne got lit up today but you have to give a lot of credit to the WRs. They looked very sharp. I was amazed how much bigger Dobbs looked. He did well.

Reactions: 3 people

-Darr has a boot.

-D-line worries me.....

You've earned my respect for being man enough to admit you were quick to judge.

Reactions: 7 people
We are in very bad shape at LT if Blair does not improve a huge amount in the offseason. Dobbs had a good 80 td pass but his 60 yard td run was very very bad defense but I will give him credit. In my opinion it is still Ferguson at QB. When he had time he can deliver the ball and he can run. Jalen Hurd is a beast. Ran over some people today but again OLINE In bad shape. Roberson and Moseley will have to play OLINE when they arrive in the fall. Really like Malik Foreman he battled Jason Croom in drill and led to draw. Pretty impressive considering Croom has him by 6 inches and 40lbs. Pearson, North, and Malone will be starting WRs.

PS if next spring game is a sellout then Leonard Little and Al Wilson will face off head to head in middle of field. Also Joey Kent was the fastest player on the field today

Sounds like the offense scored, like, 20 TDs. That can't be a good sign for the defense!

Might be the sunshine pumper in me, but I didn't see a "6-6 at best" team today. We could be better in the skill positions this year than the 2012 team, who would have been an 8-9 win team if they had a defense with a pulse.

I will say we HAVE GOT TO CONTAIN THIS YEAR!!!! Hopefully moving Maggit to DE will help that, but our opponents know to run to the outside on us. They knew it last year and they'll know it this year if it's not fixed.

Our schedule is brutal. 9 teams that played in bowl games last year. One that didn't named Florida. 6 wins would be overachieving.

We are in very bad shape at LT if Blair does not improve a huge amount in the offseason. Dobbs had a good 80 td pass but his 60 yard td run was very very bad defense but I will give him credit. In my opinion it is still Ferguson at QB. When he had time he can deliver the ball and he can run. Jalen Hurd is a beast. Ran over some people today but again OLINE In bad shape. Roberson and Moseley will have to play OLINE when they arrive in the fall. Really like Malik Foreman he battled Jason Croom in drill and led to draw. Pretty impressive considering Croom has him by 6 inches and 40lbs. Pearson, North, and Malone will be starting WRs.

PS if next spring game is a sellout then Leonard Little and Al Wilson will face off head to head in middle of field. Also Joey Kent was the fastest player on the field today

Anyone who watched this and still thinks ferguson has a chance for signifigant playing time is anti everyone else.

He STUNK

Sounds like the offense scored, like, 20 TDs. That can't be a good sign for the defense!

It was a scrimmage and was not played like a real game. Scoring was only partially about touchdowns. Ignore the score.

Anyone who watched this and still thinks ferguson has a chance for signifigant playing time is anti everyone else.

He STUNK

Remember Brays Soph year he was like 4-20 in the O&W game. Ferguson will see plenty of action this year. You can bank on it. Stop placing so much emphasis on one scrimmage game.

Reactions: 4 people
Our schedule is brutal. 9 teams that played in bowl games last year. One that didn't named Florida. 6 wins would be overachieving.

Wrong. Last years schedule was worse and we were very close to going 7-5. We still have talent that has not made it onto campus yet. 6 wins should be fairly easy attainable. 7 or 8 wins would be overachieving. Remember there are still almost 4 months left until the season starts. We will improve.

Reactions: 3 people
Wrong. Last years schedule was worse and we were very close to going 7-5. We still have talent that has not made it onto campus yet. 6 wins should be fairly easy attainable. 7 or 8 wins would be overachieving. Remember there are still almost 4 months left until the season starts. We will improve.

We are the only D1 team that doesn't return at least 1 starter on the O line. It's going to be a long season. Schedule is more difficult as Utah St and Ark St are much better than Western KY and South Al.

We should beat...

FL, Vandy, Ky, Ark S, UTC

Toss up...

USU, UGA, Mizzou

Losses most probable...

OU, UA, USC, OM

He STUNK

again when Riley had time they were strikes like the perfect pass to Blanc for a TD. He sees the field better and better pocket presence. People are only Judging Dobbs based on 80 yard td pass that was blown coverage by a db and 59 yard run in which our defense thought it was flag football. Different group of guys on defense when Dobbs was in compared To Riley

VN Store

Back