Who Did the PA Today?

kxtop

Only one Bobby Denton but we now must move on. I objectively think that Bobby Denton is the best PA announcer that I have ever heard. Distinctive delivery, creative and pure Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a good question...I wasn't able to attend today...Was there even an announcement of Denton's passing?

Don't think Bobby Denton did the O/W games. Heard the tribute on radio today. Over the air the person who did the p.a. sounded like Darth Vader.

I thought the p.a. announcer today was good but sterling henton made me wanna jump off the top of the stadium.

Reactions: 4 people
It was the same guy that does the UT basketball games. He is no Bobby Denton, but I think he would be a suitable replacement.

If Jeff Jarnigan is going to replace Denton then he needs to learn the players names/numbers. He had a few blunders today including starting an offensive series backed up at your own goal line as a "Red Zone" series. He has a decent voice so hopefully he'll learn a few things and be ready to go this fall.

If Jeff Jarnigan is going to replace Denton then he needs to learn the players names/numbers. He had a few blunders today including starting an offensive series backed up at your own goal line as a "Red Zone" series. He has a decent voice so hopefully he'll learn a few things and be ready to go this fall.

Called Peterman "Ferguson" for almost entire 2nd series.

Jarnigan did it. He did well.
He hired me for my first big time radio gig. I hope he gets the job long-term.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Mickey Dearstone should get the nod. He is monotone but he knows what he's talking about and he's extremely informative when calling lady vol games. He is certainly monotone, but has a good voice and very thorough. Imo.

I think Mickey Dearstone should get the nod. He is monotone but he knows what he's talking about and he's extremely informative when calling lady vol games. He is certainly monotone, but has a good voice and very thorough. Imo.

He is certainly informative and knows how to call the games etc.....but please no. Something about his voice gets on my nerves.

VN Store

Back