Charles Davis Showin' UT Love On Path To The Draft

TnScooby

I was watching "Path to the Draft" on NFL Network and they had Charles Davis appearing via Satellite from his home. He was doing the segment from a room full of UT stuff in the background..It was cool seeing his #22 Jersey framed on the wall with a signed UT helmet and a picture of the team running through the T on a shelf in the background..Hell I didn't really hear what he said 'cause I kept lookin' for more Vol stuff in the background :) But they were talkin' about all 5 UT O linemen for a bit and tryin' to decide where they might end up. All-in-all, a pretty cool segment for Vol fans..Any thoughts on Charles Davis as a former Vol player? I always thought he was one of the better DB's in the 80's and admire the pride he displays as a VFL...

Reactions: 5 people
He is a great VFL. In addition to tv, he is on Big Orange Sunday w/ Doug Matthews sometimes during football season.

Charles is a terrific representative of the University of Tennessee! He's also a successful broadcaster & SHOULD be the A-team play-by-play guy on the new SEC Network...but no, we have Brent Musburger...Phewwww!

Charles was a competitor and very good DB and has been a very successful guy, not much not to like. He is a VFL, gotta love what he has done with his life. As far as one of the best DB's of the eighties, it's a good debate.

I was hoping UT would have interviewed him for the AD job before hiring Hart. No experience, but he loves the Orange and has the intelligence to run the department IMO. As JMKVOLS said, he has been on the show with Doug Matthews often, and Doug asked him about the AD job, and CD didn't say no, just walked around the question.

The first broadcast that Charles Davis ever did was the 1987 Orange and White game with John Ward (Bill Anderson was on vacation)...He is one of the best student athletes our football program has produced and would absolutely make a good AD based on his resume (which includes a stint working in Stanford's athletic dept.)

VN Store

Back