One thing about the QB competition

govols105

we should have some depth and experience if some one goes down. more so than the rest of the SEC this season.

we should have some depth and experience if some one goes down. more so than the rest of the SEC this season.

And that's a very good thing considering the offense we run and the weaknesses on O-line - a very good thing.

My prediction is that Worley starts with Ferguson as the back-up. Worley gets injured by mid-season. Fergy comes in and never looks back.

My prediction is that Worley starts with Ferguson as the back-up. Worley gets injured by mid-season. Fergy comes in and never looks back.

Worley had turned the corner and was started to be servisable. So to mention him getting hurt you might as well say you hope he is injured. I don't care who starts as long as the offense is consistent.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley had turned the corner and was started to be servisable. So to mention him getting hurt you might as well say you hope he is injured. I don't care who starts as long as the offense is consistent.

What do you mean by "worley had turned the corner"? His completion percentage did not improve. His yards-per-attempt barely improved. 5 of his last 8 drives against South Carolina were 3-and-outs. The only major statistical difference in his play against Georgia and South Carolina vs his earlier games were that he didn't turn the ball over. Is two games of not turning the ball over really enough to say someone "turned the corner"?

Still (against FBS opponents), he has never thrown more than 1 touchdown in a game that he has finished with more touchdowns than INTs. Even if you just took averages from his two "best" games last season, his completion percentage and yards-per-attempt would place him 13th among regular SEC starting QBs.

I'm not saying he's not the best we have. That may very well be the case. But, I'd be very concerned if that does prove to be true.

For what that's worth. I must say I'd rather be in Auburn (JJ behind Marshall), South Carolina (two 4 stars), or even LSU's (Harris and Jennings) situation.

Experience is nice, but our ceiling doesn't seem to be very high.

What do you mean by "worley had turned the corner"? His completion percentage did not improve. His yards-per-attempt barely improved. 5 of his last 8 drives against South Carolina were 3-and-outs. The only major statistical difference in his play against Georgia and South Carolina vs his earlier games were that he didn't turn the ball over. Is two games of not turning the ball over really enough to say someone "turned the corner"?

Still (against FBS opponents), he has never thrown more than 1 touchdown in a game that he has finished with more touchdowns than INTs. Even if you just took averages from his two "best" games last season, his completion percentage and yards-per-attempt would place him 13th among regular SEC starting QBs.

I'm not saying he's not the best we have. That may very well be the case. But, I'd be very concerned if that does prove to be true.

I said serviceable not all SEC. With him we beat Vandy. He could manage the offense without turnovers. Drop your expectations for what I said. Most fans on here are freaking unbelievable. Gees. I'm not saying he will be the starter all next year. But I don't wish anyone hurt next year. And I refuse to make a statement that hints to anyone getting hurt. Whomever wins the job. I will back him regardless.

I said serviceable not all SEC. With him we beat Vandy. He could manage the offense without turnovers. Drop your expectations for what I said. Most fans on here are freaking unbelievable. Gees.

I don't know what is unbelievable. I posted facts. You post pure speculation about winning the Vanderbilt game as a retort.

What are my "expectations"?

I don't think two games without a turnover (bookended by games with multiple turnovers) is enough of a sample size to declare someone turned the corner, especially when that is the only significant statistical difference.

Lets see. The coach is saying that He is having a great spring. Can make all the throws and He and Ferg. are getting more snaps.

I said serviceable not all SEC. With him we beat Vandy. He could manage the offense without turnovers. Drop your expectations for what I said. Most fans on here are freaking unbelievable. Gees. I'm not saying he will be the starter all next year. But I don't wish anyone hurt next year. And I refuse to make a statement that hints to anyone getting hurt. Whomever wins the job. I will back him regardless.

I never wished Worley hurt, I only said what I think could happen. Call it a bold prediction. Nobody wished Drew Bledsoe would get hurt either, but the rest is history (not that our QB's are on their level yet). If Worley starts and does well the entire season, then great for him. I'll be glad that he could end his career on a high note. However, in the end, I care less about who starts or plays than about having more points on the board than the other team when the clock hits 0:00.

Last edited:
None of the qb's have shown (thus far) they can take this team to the next level and it's definitely making it hard for me to get excited about this coming season. I hope one of them has a coming out party like Compton did against UGA in 2009.

Well you got it half right but it goes a little something like this. Worley start the season only to not get injured but well he was just being Worley and got benched Fergy comes in after the Bama game and does what Dobbs done and then the season ends the same as it started and then in February on national signing Torrance Gibson signs with Tennessee and then WE NEVER LOOK BACK. GO COLS :)

VN Store

Back