Former Vols QB Tony Robinson is signing

coffeevol

regular old member
Former Vols QB Tony Robinson is signing autographs in Manchester at Al White Motors until 1pm today.

Reactions: 3 people
I know he didnt finish the season but it would be cool to get my Sugar Vols DVD signed. Alas. I will not be near thise locations.

Like to get the SI signed I have from when they beat Bo and Auburn. I'm about 250 miles away though. Be cool to see him on Saturday at the game at least

Like to get the SI signed I have from when they beat Bo and Auburn. I'm about 250 miles away though. Be cool to see him on Saturday at the game at least

to get "The Tennessee Waltz" issue signed would be gold...
wonder if he'll be at OW game? My dad would get pretty excited over that...He didnt see Johnny Majors and Tony Robinson at the Vol Walk of the USC game walking by us and was disappointed,up until Palardy kicked the fg,then I think he forgot all about it...

Last edited:
After Tony R. and the Vols beat Alabama back in '85 I was at a bar drinking and celebrating the win. An Alabama fan screams at me "f*** that N*****." I couldn't control myself and I lost it. I beat his azz bad. To make a long story short: I got charged with aggravated battery. Three months later the charges were dropped. Don't know why and didn't care. My lesson learned was never continue to pummel a guy once he goes unconscious. The law doesn't like that. True story.

Reactions: 9 people
After Tony R. and the Vols beat Alabama back in '85 I was at a bar drinking and celebrating the win. An Alabama fan screams at me "f*** that N*****." I couldn't control myself and I lost it. I beat his azz bad. To make a long story short: I got charged with aggravated battery. Three months later the charges were dropped. Don't know why and didn't care. My lesson learned was never continue to pummel a guy once he goes unconscious. The law doesn't like that. True story.

Pics or it didn't happen

Reactions: 2 people
The win over Alabama in '84 was a phenomenal performance by Tony and my favorite college shenanigans moment. It was my Senior year at UT. After the game, the goalposts came down and I was in a group that carried the South endzone crossbar out of the stadium, down the strip, across campus past Hess Hall to the Art and Architecture Building. The plan was to cut it up into 1 foot sections for all 20 of us. We couldn't get in to the building, so I convinced the rest of them that my Frat house was very close and that we had a hacksaw. It was an awesome feeling to have 20 strangers hand deliver part of thee goalpost to my house. Sadly, we didn't have any hacksaws there. The crossbar hung above the bar in our basement for many years after that.

Reactions: 1 person

the%20more%20you%20know.JPG

I have nothing but RESPECT for you!Job well done!

Reactions: 2 people
I have nothing but RESPECT for you!Job well done!

I appreciate that but my lawyer said I could have got up to 15 years. Dude, I was a nervous wreck for three months because of the unknown. But since I didn't receive any punishment, other than the three months waiting to be arraigned, it felt good in the end. I hate Bama fans. I have never met one that I liked.

I had breakfast with him this morning as he was on the way to Knoxville for the O&W game. He was as nice and humble as anyone could be. He looks as though he could play today. Hard to believe that he is now 50

Idk I think there are exceptions when it's a bama fan any anybody who says that..... But think goodness u were not the one unconscious, u know what alabama fans do to unconscious people....

Still got the VCR tapes of the Auburn Game and the Sugar Bowl. Watched them last year. It's great to see some have still got the Memorabilia from the Glory Days. Remember the SI issue I was overseas at the time Dad sent it me.

I was 13 years old that season. My dad wanted to take us all to the Sugar Bowl and stupid me wanted to go Snow Skiing that weekend instead. Big mistake not to go to the Sugar Bowl.

Great days back then!! I was a Senior in high school then and I wore the Tennessee tericloth wristband around my ankles to be like him I'm sure...LOL I started when he got hurt in the Alabama game!! It didn't match my high schools blue and gold colors. I didn't care though!!

Ha perfect username BigBadVol :)

The win over Alabama in '84 was a phenomenal performance by Tony and my favorite college shenanigans moment. It was my Senior year at UT. After the game, the goalposts came down and I was in a group that carried the South endzone crossbar out of the stadium, down the strip, across campus past Hess Hall to the Art and Architecture Building. The plan was to cut it up into 1 foot sections for all 20 of us. We couldn't get in to the building, so I convinced the rest of them that my Frat house was very close and that we had a hacksaw. It was an awesome feeling to have 20 strangers hand deliver part of thee goalpost to my house. Sadly, we didn't have any hacksaws there. The crossbar hung above the bar in our basement for many years after that.

Nice post. The near-riot and aftermath of the '84 win over Alabama is still legendary.

VN Store

Back