RIP Bobby Denton

CTVolsfan14

twitter- CJSOUSA14
For those who havent heard yet, our legendary voice of Neyland Stadium has passed away. He was longest standing PA announcer for any college in the country at 48 years. I really hope somehow someway they can have his "Its Football Time in Tennessee" be played on recording before every home game still.. Neyland wont be the same without it! RIP :hi:

Reactions: 15 people
For those who havent heard yet, our legendary voice of Neyland Stadium has passed away. He was longest standing PA announcer for any college in the country at 48 years. I really hope somehow someway they can have his "Its Football Time in Tennessee" be played on recording before every home game still.. Neyland wont be the same without it! RIP :hi:

Gonna miss hearing those words from him this fall.

God bless Bobby and the Denton family.

I loved when he corrected an official who kept referring to the Vols as the 'yellow' team. First and ten for the ORANGE!

Reactions: 5 people
Maybe they'll honor him somehow Saturday? I'm sure something will be done at the home opener.

Sad.

Reactions: 1 person
I've never heard another voice over the PA system at Neyland. He was part of it and it seemed he should always be. Not going to be the same with a different voice. Also let's remember those that knew more than just his voice. RIP Bobby

Reactions: 8 people
Something tells me UT will have his recorded voice play the pregame announcements as well as "It's Football Time in Tennessee."

Sort of like how Bob Sheppard still announces Derek Jeter at Yankees games.

Reactions: 2 people
"Please pay these prices and please pay no more"

Gonna seem strange not to hear him saying those words any more. That was one of the many great experiences I had when attending a UT game as a child and continued into my adulthood.

RIP Bobby Denton.

Going to miss his voice echoing throughout Neyland. Won't be the same whoever they find to replace him...

RIP. As someone wrote earlier, It feels like a piece of my childhood has gone. So many memories with my family and Vol family. It just will not be the same! Prayers sent to his family. What a great legacy.

Thoughts and prayers for his family. He will truly be missed by all of the Vol faithful.

Sad day for Vol Nation. Made game day all that much better and he'll be missed.

VN Store

Back