Owen Williams working extra to catch up

kamoshika

A few of Tennessee's spring football practices have run a little long for Owen Williams.

On more than one occasion, the defensive tackle, a junior college transfer who joined the Volunteers in January, has come inside after practice and jogged in full gear the length of the indoor field inside the Anderson Training Center.

There's a rather obvious motive to the extra work.

"Owen was really going strong early, then kind of hit the wall -- due to his background a little bit, due to his conditioning level a little bit," defensive line coach Steve Stripling said following Tuesday's practice.

UT Vols' Owen Williams working extra to catch up | Times Free Press

Reactions: 6 people
Good for Mr. Williams...we certainly are going to need him to be at full speed come fall.

Glad to see he is trying to push past that wall. I'm just glad he is doing something now to address it instead of just waiting around to fix it. The work ethic that these player are displaying this off seas(Lane, Williams, Vereen, Johnson J. William etc) should help us tremendously this season. Glad to see players being leaders and holding themselves accountable. Our team is young but seem to be mature beyond their years.

Reactions: 5 people
Like this very much!!!!
We need more and more guy`s who are willing to WORK to get better instead of just doing enough to get by.

This seems to be the story at almost EVERY position. One would think this is an obvious sign for this season to be a disaster. But I'm an optimist, and I think our team is going to surprise a lot of people. These dudes are working too hard to suck. Good things are on the way.

a few of tennessee's spring football practices have run a little long for owen williams.

On more than one occasion, the defensive tackle, a junior college transfer who joined the volunteers in january, has come inside after practice and jogged in full gear the length of the indoor field inside the anderson training center.

There's a rather obvious motive to the extra work.

"owen was really going strong early, then kind of hit the wall -- due to his background a little bit, due to his conditioning level a little bit," defensive line coach steve stripling said following tueay's practice.

ut vols' owen williams working extra to catch up | times free press

tfp articles are posted under free vols news on the vn home page daily! Scroll down on the page to locate them. :)

tfp articles are posted under free vols news on the vn home page daily! Scroll down on the page to locate them. :)

Thanks, I never look at the home page as I only have the individual forums bookmarked. Still, the articles also need to be linked in these forums in order to generate discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This kind of attitude is admirable. Guy comes in, has problems and works through them. No complaining. No woe is me. Just address the issue now and get the payoff later.

I really think as long as guys can get and stay healthy (Saulsberry) the D-line will be pretty decent this year. My biggest concern would have to be OT.

VN Store

Back