So who's going to kick the field goals/ kickoffs for the OW game?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I feel like in all the QB controversy and the "who's going to play where?" and our apparent inability to find a camera crew that will film the Orange and White game we're forgetting about the kickers.

Medley isn't on campus yet. Are we going Brodus? Or do we have other options? And who is going to punt?

Bullock needs the practice...couldn't hit the side of a barn in high school

That seemed really impressive, is that how all kickers highlight non game films look? Just so I don't get to pumped thinking we have a great kicker right away again.

When I was in high school, we had a kicker that could kick a field goal 50+ yards consistently, in games... Had a scholarship offer to Jacksonville State in Alabama, ended up playing soccer somewhere because he didn't want to go there(of course, don't know his grades situation).
We had a punter that could punt 50+ yards consistently, was all region, etc., plus ended up being our valedictorian. A lesser punter at the private school in our division got a scholarship to FSU, the one that I played with walked on at Carson Newman, then was a UAFA and now starts for the Dallas Cowboys, the other punter got picked up by the Bills after FSU, but is now a free agent. I think a lot of these players at P/K get overlooked a lot because of where they go to school.

Like his story but Brodus is not the answer.

Brodus is a TN legend already. Would love to see him be the man, but he might have been recruited over.

I've heard Darr finally "gets it" on punting. Looks like time with Kiffin and Dooley takes three years or more to wash off.

Give the duties to Medley from day one. Kicking has to be the worst position for a "battle" or "controversy". Once you have the skill, which they do, it's more about confidence and rhythm. I say roll with Medley from the start and he will be fine.

Darr will punt I guess. Hope he finds his grove. Hopefully we won't be needing the services of a punter much......that would be nice.....

Medley in practice at high school all star game practice was taped practicing 45 yd field goals. kicked about 10 straight high, long, and right down the middle. very strong leg. I also heard he was working on developing as punter.. he may be special teams ace in hole..

Medley in practice at high school all star game practice was taped practicing 45 yd field goals. kicked about 10 straight high, long, and right down the middle. very strong leg. I also heard he was working on developing as punter.. he may be special teams ace in hole..

It's not good when the same guy has to be the kicker and punter. Really need Darr to "get it" this year.

Medley is a stud. IMO, it is his job from Day # 1.

'Whoops Darr it is!" can do the punting

VN Store

Back